"Nah! You look . . . so-so?" I answered in an attempt to tease her.

"So-so?! For real?" She responded, starting to look annoyed with the way she was glaring at me.

I broke into a wide grin while looking directly at her and taking a few steps closer, just enough for me to reach her. Then I slowy raised my hands and trapped her face in between, securely locking her head in place so we would be looking right into each other's eyes.

"For real, you look so-so to me with this outfit." I honestly said, earning a soft growl from her. But I still kept on going while caressing one side of her face with my right hand. "You always looked the same to my eyes. Whether you just woke up in the morning with your bare face and uncombed hair, or looking sleek and chic in your work outfit, or even when you're already cozy in your pajamas. The way you look hardly mattered because it doesn't change the fact that you take my breath away whichever outfit you're wearing."

"That's just an old and cheesy pick-up line, Jeon." She said while rolling her eyes before averting her gaze as she whispered, "Don't you recognize the dress though?"

My face was all scrunched up as I tried my best to recognize the dress she was currently wearing.

"Um, am I supposed to recognize it?" I asked in confusion, not sure if Chaeyoung was pulling a prank on me or testing me somehow.

"You . . ." She started saying, looking like she was about to lash out on me.

"W-wait" I interrupted and pushed her an arm away so that I could look at the dress properly. "At least give me a minute to figure it out." I pleaded.

I was grateful when she obliged and remained silent for the next minute.

"Now, what?" She asked.

"I remember now!" I exclaimed. "This is the dress I gave you on our first date, isn't it? It really looks good on you. I'm so happy you're wearing it now for our date."

"Pfft! You did not even recognize the dress if I didn't ask you first." She said, gently pushing me away.

"C'mon, Park. Stop sulking now, please. Let's just proceed with our date, alright?"

She shrugged her shoulders in response, adamant in staying mad at me.

I heaved a sigh and smiled at her while intertwining our hands together. Then I pulled her towards the restaurant where I had a reservation.

Dinner went smoothly. Chaeyoung had completely forgotten about our issue with her dress the moment the waiter served our food. Her enjoyment of our dinner greatly improved her mood.

I was planning to bring her to a quiter place after dinner, a cafe perhaps. I was hoping we would have coffee or tea as we talk about the two of us. But she refused and pulled me in and out every nearby shop.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked while looking worriedly at her feet.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine as long as you are. So, are you?"

"I'm more than fine, Park. We're on a date while holding hands the whole time. I'm having fun and you're not that much grumpy anymore. So yeah, I'm feeling ecstatic." I happily answered.

"Then let me buy you something, please? It will make me happier." She asked with a pout plastered on her face.

She had been asking to buy me stuff as we got inside each shop earlier. But I refused her because I was not the kind to buy unnecessary things.

So I explained, "But you don't have to. I really don't need anything else right now as long as you promise not to leave me."

She stopped walking and blocked my way. She was looking down at the floor while both of her hands were playing with one of mine. She was pouting as she swayed my right arm back and forth.