𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

Start bij het begin

"I think I could help. I've been practising. I'm good," Edward said, fully preparing himself to teleport and demonstrate a manoeuvre if it came down to it.

"No, we can't risk it," Steve said, shaking his head firmly.

Edward sighed. "Do you ever think that I was forced into this time for a reason?"

"Yeah, well this ain't it," Steve said, and his voice was not harsh, only sympathetic. He smiled sadly, almost with pity.

Edward looked behind him in hopes of support. "Wanda?"

"He's right," she said, surprising him.

"I've been training with you!"

In the space of a few weeks, he had in fact gotten good. With Wanda withholding her powers and going easy on him, he'd been able to combine his teleportation and combat knowledge, credited both to Peggy and Wanda,  he'd been able to beat her at least a few times. He was no match to her power, but not many people were.

"Just a little longer, Eddy," Steve said.

Wanda smiled slightly, letting her long hair fall in front of her face. "Besides, you don't know the mission," she said, walking past him and placing a hand to his shoulder as she did. "We'll back soon. Then we can work on your killer kicks."

To both his and her surprise, Wanda wrapped an arm around his shoulders, hugging him to her body. Edward swallowed, pulling her closer and breathing out a sigh of relief, blinking back the tears at the familiarness of the gesture, despite never having hugged her before.

"I'm glad you're okay," Wanda said, before pulling back and joint the rest of her team.

☀︎︎

A beautiful piano melody flooded the theatre room, one that felt both familiar and out of touch to Eddy as he strained his ears to listen. 

"Wake up, dear, and say goodbye to your father," Maria Stark said as she played, her eyes never leaving the sheet music that sat on the grand piano.

A young Tony stirred on the sofa, stretching and standing to full height, a Santa hat still lopping over his head. Edward almost cried out in surprise as a man, who was clearly Howard Stark all grown up and grey, entered the hologram screen on the stage. This was a different feeling to seeing Peggy. It was lighter, a feeling of relief and comfort at seeing a glimpse into his life.

"Who's the homeless person on the coach?"

"This is why I love coming home for Christmas, right before you get home," Tony quipped, placing his hands on his hips.

The realness of the scene amazes him. It was as if the memory of Howard had been plucked from someone's brain. And though it was not exactly the Howard Stark that he could remember, Eddy knew it was him by the moustache and his way of speaking.

"Be nice, dear, he's been studying abroad," Maria said, the melody still playing through the room.

"Which broad, what's her name?"

"Candice," Tony said, grinning sarcastically.

"Do me a favour, try not to burn the house down before Monday," Howard said.