Act II: Chapter 30

Depuis le début

"Your wish is my command," Amethyst said.

...

Back at the top of Mt. Ebott, Blue and the others arrived at a large crater leading into the underground.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Artemis asked, "What if we sprain an ankle or something?"

"I have an idea," Blue said, "Us Star Fairies can't get ankle sprains, so I was thinking that you guys get onto our backs and then we jump." Everyone seemed a tad concerned.

"I better have a jump to see if it's safe first," Percy volunteered, "Then I'll use purple magic to lower you guys safely if needed." He then jumped in and landed safely on a bed of golden flowers as soft as pillows.

"It's safe!" he shouted from below, "The bed of flowers should break your fall. Just don't go all at once."

"What did he say?" Lance asked.

"I think he said go all at once," Artemis replied.

"Wait no!" Percy shouted with fear as everyone jumped down in unison.

"Wow," Artemis said, "It sure was safe." He looked below and saw that he was standing on Percy's back.

"P-Please g-get off of m-me," Percy said with a struggle. Artemis got off of him quickly.

"Oh sorry," he said, followed by a slight chuckle, "Shall we continue?"

"This is the pathway into the underground," Blue told them, "Once we enter, who knows how long it will be until we see the surface again." They slowly entered the underground's ruins.

Chills ran down their spines as they passed by the violet colored walls. Blue Claire walked over to a burn mark on the wall.

"Blue Claire?" she said as she touched it.

"What is it?" Blue asked as she approached the mark.

"These burn marks come from Rosie," Willow informed, "I can sense her Determination within them."

"It's not the only damage," Lance added, "Someone used the earth of this area and turned it into walls of defense."

"There must have been a battle here," Blue suspected, "But where are Rosie, Henry, and Emile?"

"That's odd," Percy replied, "It's not like them to disappear."

"Hey," Artemis said as he began to shiver, "Has anyone noticed that it's gotten suddenly colder down here?"

"Although there's no sunlight, I think I know what you mean," Lance replied, "The air has definitely gotten unnaturally colder."

"I feel it too," Willow added as she began to rub her arms for warmth. Blue Claire ran over to Blue and hugged her leg for warmth.

"What is going on?" Blue asked. Suddenly, a blast of ice fired at her from the distance. She dodged at the last possible second and summoned the Silver Chaos Saber. Not long afterwards, out walked a wizard wearing light blue.

"My name is Diamond," he greeted, "And I see that more guests have arrived to the party."

"What do you want?" Willow asked as she summoned her scythe, "We have killed several of your fellow wizards. Don't think that we can't do it again."

"Why bother?" Diamond asked, "Us wizards are all just corpses anyway."

"Many good monsters and humans have died because of this war!" Lance shouted, "I can't believe my father, no, whatever he is, would do such an awful thing! And for what?! Just to see the world suffer?!"

"Precisely," Diamond answered, "His assistant Amethyst has given us one goal, to kill Nova's only son!" He fired a sharp icicle at Lance in an attempt to pierce his heart. Willow quickly jumped in the way and took the hit.

"Willow!" Lance shouted, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Willow replied, "I've dealt with worse. Now, let me handle this." She turned towards Diamond.

"It was nice to meet you," she said. She then placed her hand on the ground and created a shockwave of dark energy at him. Diamond quickly dodged and fired a few icicles at her. Willow swung her scythe around and deflected each of the shots.

"Is that all you got?!" she shouted, "Give me more!" She dashed towards him and swung her weapon rapidly to damage him significantly. As his body began to fade, he said one last thing.

"Before you kill me, there's a secret elevator leading to Hotland," he told them, "It should take you directly to Nova's True Lab."

"Now Blue!" Willow shouted, "Hit him hard!"

"Right!" Blue shouted as she transformed into her Eternal form, "Patience Fairy Starbeam!" A blast of light fired out of the Chaos Saber and at Diamond, turning him into dust.

"A secret elevator?" Lance asked, "Man, my father thought out everything." Blue Claire began to wander around and stumbled upon a hidden switch, revealing an elevator hidden within the walls of the ruins.

"Well, looks like we found it," Artemis said, "Let's go stop Nova." They all stepped into the elevator. After everyone got inside, the elevator began to move sideways.

"Hotland is a long way away," Lance explained, "Get comfy." The heroes proceeded to sit down as they slowly approached their final destination.