011. OVERWHELMED

011. OVERWHELMED
I MUST INFORM YOU THAT LADYBUG HAS TIGHTS ON UNDER HER DRESS. YOU'LL UNDERSTAND LATER <3

                 The heroes transformed, taking their time to get to City Hall

The heroes transformed, taking their time to get to City Hall. They could see the crowd outside of the beloved building. A crimson carpet came out of the building, spreading down another block. Flashes of the cameras blinded celebrities as they walked down the carpet. She takes a deep breath, soaking in the scenery.

Chat Noir and Ladybug drop into an alleyway on the ending side of the red carpet. For a moment, they watched as celebrities walked into the carpet, getting their photos taken by several different paparazzi. "This is weird." She'd never been in the public eye without fighting crime. Now, she's just in a dress and heels, with the best partner anyone could've asked for. He smiled, backing further into the alley.

He was used to all the attention- being a fucking model and all. "And I'd thought you'd be used to this," he laughed, muttering after, "claws in." Ladybug rolled her eyes,

"Spots off." There they were. Powerless and feeble. If people discovered their secret of not-having-the-superhero-agility, they would be attacked, and they would loose. Due to transforming and not wanting anything to get in the way, the kwamis put their attire back on, hiding in their owners.

"Are you ready?" He asks, holding his arms out for her to take. She was hesitant. Every bad thing that could go on bounced in her brain. She'd never thought of this going wrong. She didn't want to, but here she was. Struggling. She takes his arm, linking the two together. He whispers uplifting words to her, but she doesn't listen. Once they were out of the alleyway, their names were shouted unbelievably loud.

"Ladybug! Chat Noir!" Everyone on the red carpet is forgotten at the sight of the heroes. All paparazzi turn to them, a sly smirk forming around the cat's lips.

"Welcome to fame, m'lady."

Pictures. So many pictures. And the questions- don't get her started on the questions. They were extremely personal, therefore Chat Noir answered them.

"Ladybug! Are you and Chat Noir together romantically?" A look of disgust oceans over Ladybug's face but Chat took over.

"We will leave that question unanswered." He winks, lacing his fingers between hers. She felt comfort- something she'd always felt with him but in a different tense. She feels protected, even if she is a superhero.

Then he let go. His hand left hers and she felt abandoned. She wasn't. He's a foot away. He's not gone. He's right there. There but so far.

She takes her individual photos. Smile- no smile. Smirk- no reaction. Do something with your hand- leave them how they are.

Under her skirt, Plagg and Tikki pretended as if they were in their own little photo shoot. At this point, Plagg was the photographer, getting photos of his kwami friend at all angles. They laughed, but nobody could hear them.

She responded to some questions, but the others she just left blank. It's like taking a depression quiz at the doctors office. You tell the truth- you lie- you leave it blank.

She kept inching closer and closer to her partner.

Ladybug doesn't need a man. She's not helpless. She's not nothing. She's not weak. Ladybug isn't useless. She just needs help, because she's not all powerful. She's not all wise. She's not all sane. Ladybug is better when she is with Chat Noir. She's a better person. She's a better role model with him. It's never going to be just her, and it's never going to be just Chat Noir. It will always be Ladybug and Chat Noir. And that's miraculous.

She interludes her fingers with his again, his smile growing. He knew she didn't mean it in a romantic- sexual way, but just as a friend. As much as he desires for her to be more than a friend, if she doesn't want it, then he doesn't get it.

"Do you think that Hawk Moth as been defeated?" An innocent reporter asks, forcing the microphone into Ladybug's face.

"We have no- new news about Hawk Moth since our last encounter with Mr. Pigeon. If we do ever get another chance to face him, we will alert the Mayor immediately and he can decide whether or not to release it to the public. Tonight, we should just focus on the Gala, and not the villain in our story." Ladybug spoke softly, speaking with her hands- which is adorable. The reporter nods, writing every word down.

They were only a few feet away from the doors, but it took what felt like hours to reach it. Question after question, the heroine grew exhausted. She hadn't even danced the slightest. Tikki and Plagg retired to her pocket made in the inside of the dress, munching on some macaroons. Marinette could feel the crumbs falling out of the pockets.

Finally, they step into the building. More flashes penetrated her vision, but he was fine. Everyone in the room looked to them, hollering and clapping their asses off. In the corner of her eye she sees Chloé Bourgeois is clapping manically, practically giving the heroine heart eyes. She shifts her orbs back to the Mayor, ready to greet the two. "Welcome, Ladybug and Chat Noir."

They both shake his hand, Ladybug saying, "We are happy to be here in honor of our city." Chloé runs up to the side of her idol. She almost embraces her, but doesn't due to the fact of the beautiful gown. "Ladybug! You're so beautiful- not as beautiful as me, but ALMOST THERE!" She squeals, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear. Her crimson lips curled into a smirk.

"Hey Chloé." Out of her kindness, and possibly pressure from Tikki, Marinette kisses the sides of the rich girl's cheeks, a flush of maroon covering the blonde's face.

"Merde sacrée! I hope the paparazzi caught that! Hey, did you get a picture of that? Please say someone got a picture of that." The blonde scurries around, interrogating every person in the paparazzi. Chat chuckles.

Celebrity after celebrity. Important person after important person, Ladybug and Chat Noir spoke to all of them. The night was merely over yet so much has happened. Mayor Bourgeois announces from the top of the stage,

"We would like to dedicate the first dance to Chat Noir and Ladybug!"

The cat turned to the bug. He holds out his hand, her gloved hands taking it. "May I have this dance, M'lady?"

 "May I have this dance, M'lady?"

blood for the blood god
-tink <3