001. GOLDEN

001. GOLDEN
TW- anxiety attack

                    Marinette Dupain-Cheng grasps the sides of her sink, her ability to breathe lessening

Marinette Dupain-Cheng grasps the sides of her sink, her ability to breathe lessening. She gasps, begging for the air to return to her lungs but it didn't. She forces her head into the water inside of the sink, drowning out her pain. She wanted to scream and die, but nothing could help her right now.

"Marinette? You're father and I are leaving for the airport. Love you!" Sabine Cheng calls, fidgeting with the trapdoor. The girl jumps from the sink, looking around her room. Why was Sabine so happy, yet Marinette was sullen?

"Love you too, Mama. Be safe on your flight" She says through the floors. Sabine pauses.

"Everything okay, honey?"

Marinette catches the breath she has lost. "Just golden, Mama."

The bakery was silent, and Marinette went down the ladder, snacking from leftovers. The six am sunrise gleamed through the windows, scattering through every building in the sun's path. Beauty.

Tikki was in the miracle box again. She wouldn't tell her why, or how long she would be in there, but Marinette didn't mind.

Tikki doesn't let her be sad. As caring as the kwami is, seeing her guardian in pain like she is now is something she couldn't stand. It wasn't bad or meant to be unkind, it's just, Marinette wants support. Tikki can't give her that support.

Wayzz has been wonderful to the girl. The responsibility of having the miracle box was hard to get all at once. Themself and Tikki had been coaching her through it all, Plagg coming around every once in a while. She bets that the Black Cat didn't like that. Chat Noir didn't like that.

Adrian Agreste has felt excluded from Ladybug's life ever since Master Fu gave up the treasure. He sees a shift in her personality and actions. She's hurting and he wants to help but she won't let him. This hurts Adrian.

He makes her calm. He gives her peace in a storm that is only being born. He doesn't want her to be stressed or the tension of this unbelievable valuable.