004. A FRIEND IN ME

004. A FRIEND IN ME

             The swords clink together, the vibration of the impact flowing into his hands

The swords clink together, the vibration of the impact flowing into his hands. He groaned under this mask, glancing to the clock every now and then. Forty more minutes. He could only swear that it was forty minutes forty minutes ago.

His eyes circle back to his opponent. Blue hair like the deep sea, red uniform like the blood of her enemies- Kagami.

He hates to admit, but he was attracted to the beast. She wasn't any princess nor was she a commoner, she's a soldier. Kagami is aggressive and overall blunt. She points out the horrible and can't wait to make things awkward. She doesn't understand why things between the two are so odd, it was the way she was raised.

Complete isolation from the world, heartache. Only ever knowing such a woman like her mother is terrible. Limited human interaction is something no human deserves. Kagami didn't know the feeling of another being beside you or just nearby until Adrian Agreste.

Adrian is gold in her eyes. A shiny rock that deserves to be behind glass- yet he's human. She wants to love him and cherish him. She wants to let the blonde know how he makes her feel but she can't. She's incapable.

"What is up with you today, Adrian? Kagami's monotone voice says, taking off her mask and walking close to him.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." His eyes wander, looking up at the roof. Rain pounds against the glass, sending a comforting sound throughout the school. A sweet, sweet echo.

"You're absent in our fighting. I won't fight you if you are away in another world. Am I not good enough for you, Adrian?" This snaps the boy out of his trance.

"N-No. Kagami- You're good enough. I swear."

"Then act like it." She looks around then back into his emerald eyes. "Today's lesson is over. Come back when you feel like paying attention to us. Good day, Adrian."

Adrian didn't protest. He watched her leave. Her blue bob bounces with every step, and the uniform fits her so well. His thoughts pondered, but yet, she left. She walked away. He lets her go. His friend...

Luka Couffaine. How much more could be said of Luka Couffaine. A song-writer with a soft spot for a sweet bluenette. He was soft and loving. He cared tremendously and wanted the best for this lady. She's hurting and he wants to be with her- help her through this. Is he doing it right?

The breeze refreshed Marinette. The sun was out, but according to the forecast it was going to leave shortly. She didn't have to peddle the bike- he did it for her. She relaxed her arms around his torso, her chin on his shoulder. The smell of nature was inhaled, sending a sense of relief atop her skin.

In a world full of chaos and deafening noise, Luka was silent. He was her silence and she was his peace. The quiet he brings her calms Marinette. She was happy with him, and he was with her.

"Ice cream, Mari?" Luka asks, shifting his eyes from the road for a split second. She is snapped out of her gaze, nodding gently.

"I'm not sure where André is. Wasn't Juleka just coming back with some when we left?" The teen looked to the side of Luka, him nodding.

"Yeah, her and Rose may have eaten it all though."

"Worth a shot."

Luka and Mari continued their bike ride, chatting about all the most random things. Luka was someone that Marinette could talk to about everything- and she loved that. Alya can't know some things, even if she will figure it all out eventually. He was different. He was... understanding.

The bluenette looked up, a droplet of rain hitting her forehead. "Um, it's raining." Luka started to laugh.

"Up for a ride in the rain?" He asks, speeding the peddling up. Marinette giggled. The rain multiplied by a tremendous amount, sending Luka through many puddles. The wheels hit a small rock, unpleasant shock down Mari's spine. She tightens her grip on his body, a warm smile crossing his face. "Should we stop at your place? The rains a little heavy for this."

Marinette agrees, Luka racing to the bakery. "Take it in the shop, it'll be fine," she screams over the sounds, shielding her hair from being wet, but failing. She opens the door to the bakery, holding it open for the bike. Luka props the muddy thing against the window, apologizing immediately for the mess. "It's fine. I have to deep clean before my parents get home."

The lights flicker on, Luka taking a look around the kitchen. "I've never been in here." He stares in awe at the decorations and the stale pastries.

"Have you not? I could've swore you come once or twice." She hangs her drenched jacket on the coat rack, looking out the window.

Adrian.

The model is standing underneath the awning of the school, looking down. He looked up, making eye contact with the girl. She immediately grew flustered, turning around to Luka.

"I always send Jules. I don't get out much." Her mouth forms an O. "You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a little hot in here... Don't ya think?" She feels her face, turning down the thermostat."

"Of course." Luka lied. After being in the freezing rain, you can't really be hot. He tried to follow her eyes, drifting off to the school. A certain blonde bastard kicked rocks on the sidewalk, eyes locking with the musician. Luka's eyes furrowed, jolting away. "Can I have one of these?" He asks, looking down at a piece of bread.

Marinette shakes her head. "Oh no, I haven't cleaned out the stock since Mama and Papa left."

"How come?"

"I've been busy."

"Oh." His mind pondered on different thoughts. "Why don't we make some more?"

She agreed to his request and spends the next few hours baking divergent foods. From bread to macaroons to regular ole' cookies, they baked. It was nice. Tom and Sabine begged their daughter to keep the shop opened but it was too stressful on the girl. With all going on and all... Yet now she is baking again next to none other than Luka Couffaine.

You know who this made angry?

Adrian Agreste.

"She's just a friend."

wuv you- tink

wuv you
- tink