"I wanted that too, love. But you have to let me go, okay?" the boy who lived cupped her face.

"I love you, Haz," Riley choked on a sob.

"I love you too, my love, you're my only angel," Harry brought his lips down to hers.

Their kiss was desperate as she brought her hand into his messy dark hair. 

Riley's mind went blank as she was distracted by his skilled kissing. Their last kiss. Their last everything.

Harry broke off the kiss as Riley looked up at him with her ocean blue eyes full of sadness.

"I love you," he said as he darted down the stairs leaving Riley heartbroken.

....

Harry descended down the stairs bravely as he saw Neville and Oliver Wood together at the Entrance Hall. Neville carried the motionless body of a small boy. Nigel.

"I'll take him from here," Oliver said softly as Neville obliged and handed the older boy the body.

Oliver threw Nigel over his shoulder and then entered the hall.

Neville watched him and for a moment he looked old. He was tired and broken. His face was haunted by sorrow.

In the distance, while Harry continued to walk towards the Forbidden Forest he saw people collecting bodies around the castle.

He saw Ginny and Dean crouch next to a young Ravenclaw whose short black hair was in pigtails wrapped in blue ribbons. The young girl was crying.

"It's all right. We're going to get you inside," Dean coaxed as he pat her back gently.

"I kept calling. No one came," the girl wailed loudly causing Ginny to stroke her hair.

"Don't worry. I won't leave you. I promise," Ginny pulled the girl in close to her. She and Dean exchanged a sad look with each other.

Harry walked on until he was in the forest which no longer had bright red and orange flames sticking out of it.

Once he reached the forests' edge he saw dark-cloaked Dementors lurking around.

The chosen one paused and then reached into his pocket and pulled out the golden snitch. He then closed his eyes and brought the orb to his lips.

Suddenly, the metal shell of the snitch fell to the ground and revealed a dark red stone with a crack in the middle of it.

Harry stared at it and then began to roll the jagged stone in his hand. He closed his eyes.

"Once. Twice. Thrice," he mumbled as he opened his eyes.

Six ghostly people stood in front of him. Harry's parents. Sirius. Lupin. Amira. Noah.

His mother eyed him lovingly while Amira and Noah beamed at him.

"You've been so brave, sweetheart," Lily Potter smiled.

"Why are you here? All of you?" Harry stared at each of them.

"We never left, dear," Lily spoke.

"Does it hurt? Dying?" Harry looked at Sirius.

"Quicker than falling asleep," Sirius answered.

"Well I mean I was stabbed and it hurt bad but it was only for a few minutes. But it hurt like a bitch though. But with the killing curse apparently, it doesn't hurt," Noah said as he ran a hand through his curly brown hair.

Amira took his hand and squeezed it.

"And he will want your death to be quick," Lupin added.

"You're nearly there, son," James Potter gazed at his son.