What Is A Name?

Y/n's POV

Y/n: 'If I have to run one more fucking lap...'

Shadis: C'mon, you scrawny little maggots! MOVE!

I groaned as I powered through the last of my laps, pushing past Reiner and Mikasa. It was pouring fucking raining, and all I had to cover myself was a goddamned cloak. This heavy ass gear was only adding to the torture of it all. I kept going even further, past Annie and Eren. Eren looked at me in surprise before trying to 1-up me. As he tried to push himself further, he almost slipped in the mud and reluctantly gave up his chase. I crossed the line one final time in a slide, huffing and puffing for breath. I stood off way in my own little area, recuperating.

Armin: You did really well today. You even made it past Mikasa. That's definitely saying something.

I smiled as I looked up at him.

Y/n: Thanks, Armin. That means a lot. If you're noticing my progress, it won't be long before others do too.

Eren: What do you say we race tomorrow? I was really eating your dust.

I laughed.

Y/n: Yeah, why not? Sounds fun. I just have to make sure I'm not pushing it.

Eren: Wait. So....that wasn't you pushing yourself? What the hell, Y/n!

Y/n: What? I'm...decently fit. And I trained in my village before my recruitment here.

Mikasa: Trained how? You suck at hand-to-hand combat.

Y/n: Oh wow. Thanks, Mika. I trained in survival-type stuff. I guess now that I think about it, I've been purposefully failing hand-to-hand. I honestly could easily take some of you out.

Mikasa: I look forward to that fight. Everyone else here is either afraid of me or just trying to touch me. It's creepy.

I winced.

Y/n: Agreed. Well, you are ridiculously hot, so...

She shoved me as she pulled up her scarf to cover everything but her eyes.

Y/n: What? You expect me to lie? I know Ymir is like...Christa-Sexual, but I've caught her looking a couple of times. Your six-pack is like...holy shit.

Eren: Y/n, that's my sister...

I snorted as I ruffled his hair.

Y/n: Your hot sister.

Shadis: Alright! Listen up! Make sure to properly dry off your weighted bags before stowing them away! Once you're done, make your way to the mess hall for dinner. Dismissed!

We all saluted and made our way inside the armory.

Once I got inside, I shucked off the soaking wet cloak and draped it over one of the empty benches near the heater. I then made my way over to one of the workbenches to dry this damn bag off. As I was doing that, a shadow loomed over me. I looked up to see Bertholdt and Reiner.

Y/n: 'What the fuck...?'

Reiner: Hey, Y/n. I saw you breeze past me. How'd you manage that?

I shrugged my shoulders in a bored manner, already tired of this conversation.

Y/n: In all honesty, I was sick of Shadis' shit and just decided to get it over with. I didn't wound your pride, did I?

He chuckled with a shake of his head.

Reiner: Nah, you really just surprised me, is all. You don't exactly...do much.

Y/n: 'Okay, what the fuck's that supposed to mean?'