Her

•An Anakin Skywalker x tall chubby fem!reader who's feeling imperfect.

•Warnings: Do not read if you're prone to eating disorders, yes im envious of skinny ppl right now leave me alone, if you are a skinny person tho don't invalidate my feelings w/ some bs or whatever just let me be in my feels and self project.

•Low-key kinda inspired by kinanabinks in one of her Anakin imagines and inspired by @a-dorin on tumblr w/ her Anakin imagine.

---

It was Padmé Amidala.

It was her.

The woman Anakin always talked about.

You had seen it now.

It wasn't you like you thought. No, it was her.

You weren't supposed to be seeing this. You felt like you were invading their privacy, but you just... Your feet froze. You stopped in the middle of the hall on the way to Padmé's living room, and you saw them. Both of them. Sitting on the couch.

One strong, gloved hand in Padmé's long, curly, luxurious brown hair, while her dainty, tiny hands cupped Anakin's face, both of their eyes were closed in bliss, lips interlocked in a perfect painting.

Of course, she was the woman.

How could you have not predicted this all of these years? Were you that blind? You were a student to Padmé, someone of an understudy as some would call it, and you've been on several missions with Padmé, even staying at the Jedi Temple for several months to learn about the Jedi and their politics and had become friends with Anakin at the age of eighteen there. You had known Anakin since you both at the age of eighteen. How could you have been so... Naive?

Of course, once Padmé came into the picture, he fell in love with her. She was the perfect, picturesque example of what a woman should look like. She was perfect to fall in love with.

She was small, dainty, and had long locks of hair and pretty eyes that could bat under long lashes. Her frame, small and thin, with smooth, evenly tanned skin that seemed to have been kissed by the sun. Her lips seemed to have been blessed by a rose, the skin soft and pink and plump.

She was angelic, as most men liked to describe her.

You were sure she was angelic to Anakin, too.

Your heart thumped in your chest, a knot winding in your throat as you stood there and watched with what felt like an invasion of their privacy, unable to step away.

Why? Well, you weren't sure why. Maybe it was the shock? The shock that Anakin had chosen her over... You.

No, you thought, giving yourself a silent chuckle. Why should you be surprised? He was gorgeous. It was only fair he found someone of equal beauty.

He was remarkably tall, with broad shoulders. He had sparkling gorgeous eyes filled with excitement to match that of an equally sparkling smile. His lips were also equally soft and pink and plump. He has long, curly, coppery hair that made you melt whenever you ran your fingers through it. The skin on his body was a golden apricot, creating a sparkle whenever he was in the sunlight.

He was... Gorgeous. Then again... So was she.

You... You were the opposite of Padmé.

You were tall. With broad, masculine shoulders to match that of an overweight body. Your skin wasn't smooth or kissed by the sun, no, it was textured and scaly, and you wore long sleeves to cover it almost every day. You hated being touched because of it, afraid someone would freak out and wonder why your skin felt so freakish. Then of course, your hands weren't dainty either. Big, strong masculine hands that seemed to match the rest of your masculine attributes. Then of course, since you were tall you had to have big feet to go along with it.

You were the opposite of what someone like him should find attractive.

Slowly, after coming to a realization that standing there would do nothing, you huff which unfortunately makes yourself become present to the couple, and turn away sharply and walk back to your room, tears brimming your eyes. You hear both of them yell, calling after you to come back to let them explain but you ignore their please and keep your fast pace.

After all these years, all these years it was her. After every intimate moment you shared with him, after everything, after opening yourself up to him... It was all gone in a flash, your life with him was nothing but a blurred line.

With salty tears streaming down your face, you mash the button that opens up the door to your room, the door slides open and you step inside and mash the button again, pounding it with a fist before turning away to your bed.

You let out a choked sob before plopping onto your bed, tears run down your face freely, the knot beginning unwinding itself.

You pull a pillow to your face and stuff your face in it, muting the bated sobs you shut your eyes tightly when suddenly you hear a metal pounding at the door.

They're demanding that they see you so they can explain what's been going on, but you ignore them.

How could've you been so stupid?

Listening to Anakin's issues all those months while you were at the Temple, listening to him talk about a girl, thinking it was you. Letting him lay his head in your lap while you combed your fingers through his hair while he sat and talked about being love-sick, and how he couldn't get the girl he wanted because she was a senator. Holding his metal hand and cherishing it whenever he got it cut off. Telling him he looked beautiful with it on, a blush would form on his cheeks followed by a,

"You really think so?"

"Yes, of course, Anakin. You're beautiful."

Then how even after comforting his insecurities he'd always be there for you.

You remember standing in front of your mirror while he was hanging out in your room tinkering with an object, and you couldn't see anything beautiful about yourself.

He was curious and turned around and got up and walked over to you asking if everything was alright.

You remember shaking your head, spinning around in a dress, sighing with a frown on your face.

"Anakin... I just... I hate the way I look."

Then you remember the ever-changing fate that made you fall in love with him.

He grabbed your hands and made you face him, his brow furrowed.

"Hey, look at me. You are so beautiful. Don't you ever think twice about the way you look, alright?"

You remember your heart skipping a beat--beautiful.

No one had ever called you that before, not even your mentor, Padmé.

You smiled at him and hugged him afterward.

"Thank you, Anakin."

And he hugged you back.

"Of course."

Now that you think about it though, you could've told anyone you were feeling insecure and they would've reassured you. Anyone could've told you that you were beautiful. He was just being nice.

He was just always... Nice.

You should've been realistic. You were never going to get anyone with the likes of Anakin.

No, only pretty, skinny, small girls got with him.

You've known Anakin for much longer than Padmé has and was always there for him whenever he had a complaint or whenever he felt proud of himself. You were always there for him.

He was always there for you too.

But of course... He fell for... Her.

The angel who seemed to fall from the sky and swoop up the small golden boy.

You thought you had him. You thought he was yours. But no. Pretty boys always fall for the pretty girls.

That's just how it works.