Home

•An Anakin Skywalker fluff modern au imagine

•Warnings: some cussing, domestic fluff, also Anakin is a good baker™ and also very cheesy, a minuscule reference to cannibalism, sorry if you're allergic to chocolate, not sponsored by Google Home.

•A/N: whoops forgot to post it here during Christmas. But just pretend it's Christmas for the sake of this fic.

---

The sound of soft, jazzy Christmas music filled the room--more namely Charlie Brown's O Tannenbaum--accompanied by the soft, quiet crackling of a newly stoked fire, to which you were currently attending.

Anakin had found the Charlie Brown Christmas album and played it on the Google Home speaker that sat in the kitchen while he had been going back and forth between mixing up cookie batter and throwing them onto cookie sheets and mixing up new batches of icing and letting you decorate the cookies.

Baking was one of his secret side hobbies, you had found out a few years ago when you first started dating. Now that you were married, it had been unsurprising to you that Anakin would stay in the kitchen during the holidays to bake. And even cook.

You made your way to the kitchen after finishing stoking the fire, and the aroma of freshly baked cookies and sugar filled your nostrils.

"Smells good," you comment, looking at the counter that was laid out with all sorts of trays of cookies and desserts.

He smiles and turns his head to you, working diligently over the stove. "Thanks," he says with a bright smile before turning his head back to his food.

You nod and watch him turn on the electric mixer, the sounds of chocolate chips scraping the inside of the metal bowl and electrical whirring tuned out the soft music in the background.

You admired how dedicated he was to his craft; in fact, he was always dedicated to everything. To his job, to your household, to you, and making you happy--you found it awe-inspiring about how willing he was to put forth the extra work. It didn't occur to you why you were surprised that Anakin could cook. It was just him showing you how much more dedicated he was to you and your relationship.

You snap up from your daze and look up when you hear a loud beeping sound coming from the oven. Anakin quickly turns off the mixer and grabs a few hot pads that were lying on the counter and moves to open the oven door, grabbing the cookie sheet with the hot pads. He brings it out of the oven and sets it on top of the glass stovetop, a new fresh scent of cookies wafted into the air.

"What kind of cookies did you just pull out?" You ask, peeking over the counter to get a look, but his wide build blocks your vision.

"The good kind."

You roll your eyes, and even though you can't see his face, you just know that there's a shit-eating smirk on it.

"No, " you say mockingly, moving from your position on the counter, making your way over to him. "I guess I'm just gonna have to find out myself."

"Fine, but they're still hot," he remarks, and you just shrug.

"And the man cooking them isn't?" You chuckle, poking his side.

"What are you insinuating? Are you going to eat me?" He laughs, picking up a cookie from the sheet and handing it to you.

"I just might," you chuckle, which makes him laugh.

"Okay, whatever." He waves off your antics and you bite down on the cookie, soon finding it to be chocolate chip.

"Oh wow," you mumble, holding a hand under your chin just in case crumbs decide to fall from the cookie. "This is really good."