Wish You Were Here

•Darth Vader x gn reader angst imagine based on the song, 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd.

•Warnings: Yes this is suited Vader, angst, mourning.

•A/N: decided to set aside the 'Beat It. ' fic for later because nothing was coming to mind. Wrote this instead. Also kind of not... An x reader?? But low-key? You'll see. It's just a lot of internal dialogue w/ Vader fjdkdd you'll see. Also another A/N at the end.

---

Vader stood in the bright, luscious fields of Naboo, a warm, summer breeze caught in his cape, sending the black fabric into a billowing wave of stark contrast to that of the still blue sky.

The chaotic sound of the intolerable mechanical breathing seemed so insignificant to the raging waterfalls roaring in the distance. Beyond the waterfalls stood tall, proud mountains, towering over the green fields of pasture, grass swaying so gently, petals of wildflowers escaped the grasp of that of the flower, swirling into the air as if they were dancing along the breeze.

Vader stood there on the hill for a bit, peering over the meadow in deep thought, reminiscing over the memories that took place here.

Memories of you flashed through his mind--happy memories, full of joy and passion. Memories that made him want to smile from within his mask, though he hesitates, afraid he'd fall back into that weak state of mind that brought him a terrible amount of pain.

He lifts his right arm and brings his hand up, a solid, firm fist of black leather opens up slowly, a small white, crushed flower is revealed.

He turns his hand, bringing it up to his mask slowly, examining it. He lets his eyes wander over the white crushed flower before picking it up with his other hand, where two big, black fingers hold it so delicately between them.

He admires it for a bit, twisting and turning it, looking at the pure petals of the flower. He seemed to let out a gruff unsatisfied grunt as he suddenly deemed the flower useless and shrivels it up between his fingers, dusting off the remainders of the flower, letting them catch into the breeze--floating away just like the rest of the flowers had done.

Vader watches the flowers float away, and strangely, he can't help but feel a sort of sorrow in his heart, locked beneath that of the cold steel that barricaded himself.

A sorrow, a sorrow that seemed so familiar and so full of pain--wait.

Vader's heart thudded against his chest, as he looked beyond the fields of Naboo, remembering... Remembering him.

Anakin Skywalker.

He clenches his fists together as the memories suddenly began to flow back into his mind, the rate of his heart sped up as more images of him rang through his head like an annoying alarm--

Laughter, that innocent naive boy who hadn't been susceptible to pain quite yet, rolled around in the fields with them, sharing fond stories and memories--

No, no, no, no, stop it!

Vader shook his head and began to walk frantically back and forth, shutting his eyes tight. The constant thudding in his ears made him wince and twitch his fists at the now annoying sound of his breathing.

That obnoxious breathing, that loud, cursed breathing, getting faster and faster--Vader paced back and forth at a quicker pace, gloves tightening and releasing, the Force unknowingly following his command and sweeping through the fields of grass, the flowers bending to his will.