Four

DREAM

I sighed, annoyed. Some people really couldn't keep their mouths shut, and then I had to hire people to go stab them. What a pain.

I ended my last call, and immediately another one appeared on my cell, but this time from Sam.

I picked up. "Hello?"

"Got him, boss. Do you want him unconscious?"

"Yeah, sure. Drop him off in the penthouse, and leave him in the room with the bolted lock."

He hung up. I got up, and glanced over at Nick, who was standing at the door, looking rather bored.

"You're not a very attentive bodyguard," I told him. "Three people came in today, and you didn't even bat an eyelid."

"I only owe you a favour, you're not even paying me. Don't complain," he replied.

"You're just lazy."

"What did you want with that guy from the streets?" He questioned suddenly.

"None of your business," I retorted, grabbing my things. I had more things to do, but I use my phone and computer at home. After all, I had to go greet my guest.

"It is, actually. As your bodyguard," he mocked.

I rolled my eyes. "We'll get to that. Let's go."

As we were getting into the car to drive to my building, he piped up again.

"You better not have kidnapped him just for your own pleasure," he accused suspiciously. "If you wanna fuck a guy, there's plenty of prostitutes."

"You make it sound like I'm gonna rape him."

"I wouldn't put it past you, knowing your impulsiveness."

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what I wanted with him. I just knew that he interested me, and being a mafia leader, it wasn't beyond my abilities to bring him in for a closer inspection.

Sure, it was wrong, but when have I ever cared about morals? They're a poor man's quality, as they say.

We arrived at the lobby of the building. I saw Sam's black car leaving the parking lot, which meant he was done his job.

Nick looked at me a little apprehensively. "I think you're a psychopath."

I shrugged. "Maybe."

We walked into the building.