One

GEORGE

Beep. Beep.

I groaned, rolling over in my twin sized bed.

Beep.

I fumbled around for my phone under the sheets, and stopped the alarm when I found it.

Yawning, I checked the time. 7:00am, and it was Monday. I had to leave for work in 30 minutes, but my head hurt, and my back was sore from sleeping on this crappy bed.

I reluctantly got dressed and brushed my teeth, grabbing a quick banana for breakfast. I locked the door to my small apartment, and headed down the elevator.

I couldn't afford a car, and paying for the bus wasn't worth it when it was only a 20 minute walk to work. You would think that I'd have a decent salary, as a computer programmer, but my company hired tons of people to do mindless work and paid them pathetically for it. I was one of those people.

I wasn't paying attention, and walked straight into a tall man in a suit. I stumbled back, dazed.

He stopped walking and looked down at me, eyebrow raised. He was blonde, and I felt immediately intimidated. He even had his own bodyguard, a burly brunette man with a slight beard.

"I- um, sorry," I stuttered, looking back down at the ground and trying to walk around him. He didn't budge, and instead stared at me.

I felt uncomfortable, and scurried past him nervously.

That was weird, I thought.