Her Silenced Voice (OHSHC)

~Evelyn's POV~

I bit my lips and said, "Hey," at the sound of my voice, my brother jumped and bumped his head, which was stuck underneath the stage fixing something.

"Wha-!" He said surprised, "Ow!" turning to see me, he smiled brightly and said, "Hey Evie!" I raised my eyebrow and said, "Don't 'Evie' me, when you said we were going to be playing at a school you somehow got to play at I didn't expect this,"

He smiled slyly and said, "Come on, scholarship here isn't so bad, I have a nice class and there's also a 'guy' in your year who's on scholarship too, not really bad,"

"What do you mean 'guy'? You say it like you know something," I said.

"Don't ask questions and I won't lie to you," he said.

I creased my eyebrows and said, "Okay...I told you, I just don't exactly want to play music here, if it was any school why Ouran?"

he chuckled and criss crossed his feet, "Don't be so uptight, your usually not like this,"

I lightly laugh and said, "I know but I just don't want to make rich kids nor poor kids paying to watch our concerts if they've already paid for setting up. He smiled slyly and said, "Why not?"

I crossed my hands over my chest and said, "Well, you see, I don't think it's fair and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that. I also don't think you've told the band yet, I'm pretty sure Jake's going to be upset,"

I waited for him to respond to that and he said, "Aw, it's fine, you'll be there to back me up, you always do," I clenched my fist and said, "Argh! Why must you...." I had nothing else to say.

I glared at him and said, "Next time, tell me the whole truth," turning around I noticed that there was a gazillion seats. I don't even expect much to come, after all, I do believe that they have better things to do, probably busy.

I smiled and shouted out, "Hello!" I heard my voice clearly and loudly.

I turned around with delight and said, "This place has amazing acoustics!" he managed a light chuckle while his head was underneath the stage. "I do believe that's worthy of my sister," I smiled and said, "One more favor..."

He stopped and looked up, "Yeah?" I knelt down and said, "Don't charge money," He smiled brightly and said, "Yeah, sure, but if they stuff money into my pockets later, I'm taking it, sue me," I rolled my eyes knowing that he was serious.

"Fine," I said, "I'll get the guys to come here tomorrow and practice,"

He stopped again and said, "Hehe, um..."

I swirled on my heels and said, "What do you mean 'um'?"

That was never a good sign.

"I don't believe that we've been through this have we?" he said. I smacked my face. I shook my head and said, "Don't tell me...." already guessing the day of the concert.

"It's tomorrow...." When I didn't say anything he said, "Surprise!" I laughed and said, "Challenge accepted,"

~

"Jake?" I asked as I eased into the house. I looked around and saw him eating toast at the kitchen table. "Sup, Evie!" he said happily. I winced as I realized I'd ruin the happiness. "You guys never call me by my name now," I noted again.

"Sup, Evelyn!" He repeated. I scoffed as I set my keys down. "Yeah, stick with Evie," I said lightly laughing. "So what's new?" he asked.

"We have a concert tomorrow," I said as if it were old news. He coughed on his coffee, knowing I wasn't joking, "What?" I looked in the fridge hoping there would be something but I was to lazy to cook something so late at night, "Yep," I said popping my 'p'.