Chapter 56 - Cricket & The Monkeys

Start from the beginning

-Timeskip brought to you by Chibi (Y/N) rolling his eyes-

As Nami was finished with the story, Luffy was looking over the water to see bubbles above. Then Luffy fell into the sea making the crew panic.

Nami: "LUFFY FELL INTO THE SEA!!"

Usopp: "*runs to Luffy* WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!" then a man emerged from the sea and got into a fighting position.

???: "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! You've got guts, relaxing at someone's house without permission! The sea in this area is my turf!"

Sanji: "Hey (Y/N)! Go and get Luffy!" he runs at the man as (Y/N) created a whip.

???: "You're after the gold, aren't you? DIE!" he does a a kick and Sanji dodges.

He did another kick and Sanji dodge it again. Sanji was going to return the favor of kicking but the man stops his foot with his hand. Then he pulls a gun and shoots Sanji in the face, but Sanji ducks underneath the shot.

Sanji: "Don't worry. It didn't hit me." he dodges the bullets as the man kept firing.

Zoro: "Idiot... You shouldn't underestimate your opponent." he slowly unsheathe his sword.

But they stopped fighting when the man dropped his gun and fell to the ground. (Y/N) finally pulls Luffy out of the water. Then they get the guy into his house and Chopper was treating him.

Chopper: "Bring more cold towels! Open up the windows!"

Zoro: "Caisson disease?"

(Y/N): "Is he going to die or something?" a thought bubble appeared showing a grave.

Chopper: "It's a sickness that divers sometimes get. But it doesn't usually become a long-standing condition. Due to a lack of decompression when surfacing from the seabed, the nitrogen dissolved in the blood gets released quickly and form gas bubbles at that time. Since the gas bubbles expand inside and outside of blood vessels, they cause problems to blood flow, muscle and joints." the reindeer explained.

Luffy: "So it's some bizarre phenomenon, huh?"

(Y/N): "Then he must've kept diving every no and then without time giving those bubbles to disappear from the body."

Nami: "Why? What for?" she asked but the doctor didn't know.

Chopper: "He's taking a risk. In some cases, caisson disease can... cause death."