- Chapter TWENTY NINE -

The door was opened before she could even knock on it. Landon had been waiting for her to arrive. She didn't even realize it due to her sadness. "Carlota, what happened?" He asked, concerned.

She pushed past him and walked into his room. He continued calling after her but she ignored him and entered his bathroom.

"Carlota, why are you here?" He asked, slightly irritated.

The water was running and she splashed it on her face. She groaned as the cold water hit her face. She wanted to drown herself in something other than alcohol.

Growing impatient, he barged into her splashing water on her face. "Carlota, why did you come here if you're not going to tell me what happened?"

She turned off the tap and wiped her face. "You're a bloody hookup, Landon. Not my support system."

He hated when Carlota got difficult like this. "Then why the hell are you here?"

"Because I want to have sex!" She let out, irritated. "That's all I want. To have sex with you."

Disappointed he brought out a condom from his drawer and walked over to her. The truth is, she wanted him to ask her what was wrong. She wanted him to care, even if it was for one second. But when he gave up she was disappointed.

"Carly, are you okay?" He asked again.

"Stop calling me that." She whispered, taking off her shirt. "I hate that f*cking nickname that everyone gives me, so please stop."

"It's family-related, isn't it?" He sat down next to her and kissed her neck. "You can tell me, love. I won't judge you."

She cried once more covering her eyes as Landon was kissing her soft spot. He nibbled the lobe of her ear gently as his hand attempted to remove her bra.

She pushed the hand away. "Landon, are you going to care? If you don't at least pretend to."

He smiled, pecking her lips. "I won't have to pretend for you, Carlota."

She sighed, softly. "I saw my dad today. In my mom's room. I think they were arguing about something. Then he told me he wanted to be back in my life after 11 years. 11 f*cking years he chooses now when I'm happy!"

"Isn't he trying? Aren't you happy he didn't wait even longer?"

"That's not the issue Landon. When I was 8 he lost his job and started drinking a lot and doing drugs. My mom didn't say anything, because she knew how much I looked up to my dad. Then one night he came back drunk and my mom found out he'd been cheating when he called her by a different name and he just,"

She sniffed before continuing. Landon held her hand and rubbed circles with his thumb.

"He beat my mom up. And then after he did that he'd continue doing it. There was a time when I was 9 I walked into my parents room as he was beating her up and then he beat me up." She confessed, trying to hold in the tears.

"And that's when my mom escaped with me and we never saw him again. All I knew was that she went to see him one last time to get a divorce."

His eyes widened as Carlota spoke. He never knew how much Carlota had gone through. He always assumed her father passed away before she was born and Yasmin was always in the picture - which is why they are so close. He didn't know she had been this hurt.

"And he's back to make things better with you?"

She nodded her head, looking at the ground. "I did love him but I don't know if he loved me."