- Chapter SIXTEEN -

"Be on your best behaviour. No slouching. No cussing. And no awkwardness." Camilla instructed.

She opened the door and greeted her mother at the door. "Mama, I missed you." Camilla said.

"I missed you too, me bebe." She said back. "Now let me see my grandbabies."

She walked past her daughter. "Carlota, I've missed you. When are you coming to Spain?"

"I missed you too Abuelita, but I'm actually doing school here, so it's not possible."

Alicia rolled her eyes and came to hug Yasmin. "I'm so happy you're part of the family. You too Joseph."

"Thank you, Abuelita." The two said together.

"Where is CJ?"

"Taking his nap." Camilla said. "The rest of the family are on their way."

~

The parents were all inside while Yasmin, Carlota and her cousins were all outside the front of the house.

Carlota enjoyed her big family. Alicia who was the head of the family, was a joyful, religious, woman. She and her husband, Fernando gave birth to three children. Matias and Mateo who are twins and Camilla.

Matias had 1 child, Diego. He was 16 years old, moody, and probably the most annoying cousin. Carlota didn't hate him though. She just found him extremely annoying.

Mateo had the most children. Maya who was 7, Carmen who was 18, Xavier who was 11 and Valeria who was 20.

If Carlota was closest with anyone it would be Valeria, maybe because they were close in age.

Carlota, Yasmin, Valeria and Carmen watched Diego on his phone, and Maya and Xavier play around in the pool.

The night sky and the fairy lights around was a great opportunity to flex on her Snapchat story.

"Carmen, how's college?" Yasmin asked.

Carmen shrugged. "Honestly, I thought it would be cool, but it really just sucks serious *ss." She confessed while the three girls laughed.

"It's not that bad, to be honest. I finished college 3 years ago and I miss all my college friends. But, working is fun, I guess." Yasmin explained.

"Yes, for you. Working and college are literally the worst combinations." Valeria whined. "You've got it easy, Carly. Online classes you don't even have to go to everyday."

"Well, I'm planning on stopping online when I go to nursing school."

"And she wants to be a nurse. How more perfect can she get?" Valeria sighed.

"I know something not so perfect about her." Yasmin sang, grabbing her attention.

She shot her sister a nasty glare. "Oh, please tell." Carmen giggled.

"Well,-."

"Carmen, Valeria, Maya, Xavier, Diego! Time to go home." Diego's mom yelled.

"I'll find out sooner or later." Valeria smirked, walking off with her sister.

"You are a dumb*ss. And I lied about those movie tickets." Carlota snapped.

"Alright. And I didn't rip your favourite dress." Yasmin smirked back.

Carlota's eyes widened. "Yasmin! Puta!"

~

The days were becoming much longer without Landon talking to her. It was only the brief 'hello' and 'talk to you later' that made her crave him even more. He took hours to reply to her texts and she didn't know why.

But, Carlota didn't want to put her mind on him all the time. It was September 30th which means she had 9 more days to pick an outfit, reservations, invitations, for her 20th birthday.

She honestly wanted to go to a football match and watch her favourite team play but of course, Brinley insisted and Yasmin insisted on a strip club.

She didn't like any of those ideas but she went with a normal club due to how much more sane it was. A part of her wanted Landon to miraculously know it was her birthday and give her a gift, but she knew he wouldn't do that.

She decided to let him know anyway that her birthday was coming up, just to get a reaction.

The phone rang for a while until it finally picked up. "Hello." She said, almost instantly.

"Carlota?" He asked.

"Hi, I just wanted to check on things and see how you were."

"You called me to check on how things were going? You do know I run a very successful business? I don't need you distracting me every minute of the day." He told her, harshly.

"There's no need to be rude, Landon. My birthday's on the 9th." She rolled her eyes at his rude comment. She missed when Landon was slightly nicer. Now he's rude and irritating.

"I know." He responded, leaving her shocked.

"How did you know when my birthday was?"

"Brinley wouldn't stop talking about how they're going to a strip club and I don't need to be jealous."

Carlota rolled her eyes. "Well, were you planning on wishing me a happy birthday?"

"No. Why would I care if your birthday is coming up? You're not my girlfriend, are you?

"I'm guessing things with you and Brinley are delightful since you don't seem to need me anymore." She scoffed.

"Yes. They are. And you're right. I don't need you for my needs anymore. Bye, Carlota." He cut the call and went back to receiving a blowjob from a friend he knew.

"Is that another one of your sidechicks?" She asked from on the floor.

He shook his head. "She's a friend." He corrected, guiding her how to suck him well. He knew nothing this girl was doing could be compared to Carlota. He honestly missed her but after her seeing his vulnerable side he was too embarrassed to even look at her.

He couldn't understand why he let her see him like that anyway. And why he let her keep one of his work shirts.

To him, Carlota was this annoying little girl who he kept around because she looked good. Well, that was at the beginning.

"Caroline, please stop." He said. He even made sure the name was similar so he could pretend it was her. "Just get the f*ck out." He sighed.

Picking up herself, she walked out with a disappointed look on her face. He cleaned up his shaft and went back to doing work.

While lost in the multiple piles of paperwork he got lost in the memories of the time he spent with Carlota. He wished he could feel her one last time. They had only done it twice anyway.

He wanted to call Carlota and apologize for the way he treated her. He didn't want her thinking he was that horrible of a person. He called her, quickly and patiently waited for the number to dial twice. It went straight to voicemail.

He knew she was ignoring him now. But he knew how to make it up to her. 

*-*-*

Awwwww, isn't Landon such a sweetheart sometimes? In his own twisted way?

I was so tempted to give you guys a double update because I thought this chapter was boring and just about Carlota's family but Landon was also here, I guess.

Regardless, I love you guys a lot and I have to post as much as I can because my second mocks are coming up the first week of April and if I fail I can't get into an A-levels school. 

I hope you understand why I'm rushing these posts.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT DO YOU THINK LANDON IS GOING TO DO?