- Chapter TWENTY SIX -

"You're cool with meeting Carlota's parents yet my parents you're so scared? Landon, I'm your girlfriend, not Carlota."

He gritted his teeth while smiling. Luckily for Brinley, she was a girl so he wasn't going to smash her head against the car window several times. "I'm nervous, Brinley. I'm not ready for that." He partially lied.

"Is it because you love me," She whispered, turning her head to face him. "Do you love me?"

Landon stopped the car, instantly to face her. "What?"

"Do you love me?"

There was a fight in his head about whether he should say that he loves her or not. If he didn't she'd be annoyed and try her best to make him fall for her and if he said yes, he'd never hear the end of it from Carlota. At least it gave him a reason for her to complain in Spanish.

"Yes." He spoke, continuing to drive the car.

"Then say it."

He rolled his eyes mentally. "I only say that to my sister, Brinley. Just know that it's true."

She smiled and placed her hand where his was. "I love you too, Landon. I was just nervous to say it first because I thought you wouldn't say it."

He nodded his head. "Well, if you don't complain while we're there, there'll be something in it for you."

"Not going to lie, Carlota is really annoying." She began, causing Landon to laugh in his head.

"First off, she's not even fully Hispanic yet she's fluent in it and acts like she's all that. It's so annoying. Don't think I didn't find out that she was with Lorenzo to make you jealous and that time when she was wearing that ugly outfit to get to you."

He shrugged trying not to lash out. "Yeah, she's annoying. I guess."'

"I'm going to tell her you said I love you."

"But I didn't," He trailed. "If you tell her, I'll be mad at you."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine, I won't but tell me what you love about my body that Carlota doesn't have." She smirked, stroking where his shaft was.

He didn't want to be honest with her because that would lead to her finding out.

Truthfully, there wasn't a single thing Landon 'loved' about Brinley. Not even her name. He wanted to list all the things he loved about Carlota's body that Brinley didn't.

From her perfect breasts to her perfect figure. Her not so strong Spanish accent that became stronger when she was angry or horny. Her thick legs that held up her perfectly shaped *ss. Her curly dark brown hair and beautiful brown eyes.

He loved everything about her. Even her insecurities, like her stretch marks or her back dimples which complemented the ones on her cheeks.

"I love everything about you Brinley, I'm not going to list."

"Fine, personality."

"Brinley,"

"How about when we have sex?"

"Brinley." He groaned.

~

He noticed the frequent stink eye Lorenzo would give Carlota. Carlota responded to it by bringing up Lorenzo's younger brother, who she used to have a crush on. This seemed to rage Lorenzo even more.

"Ah, Camilla, you forgot to buy Icecream. Lorenzo, Carlota, would you two like to go to the store and go and buy some?" Lorenzo's mom asked.

"Uh, that's fine. Carlota and I can go." Yasmin suggested, standing up.

"Nonsense. Let's give the cutest couple some time alone." She cooed.

Carlota glanced over at Joey who was nodding his head. "We'll be back in a bit."

They both walked out of the house, leaving Landon no reason to be here.

"So, how did you and Landon start dating? What's the love story?" Lorenzo's mother asked.

"It's a simple love story. He saw me at a bar and we just talked." Brinley shrugged, smiling at him.

Wanting to mentally cringe, he smiled back at her. "Actually I remember it as you being drunk and wanting to hook up with me." He chuckled, trying to upset her.

She glared at him.

"You're having sex at this age? And you got mad when I looked a boy in the eye?" Yasmin asked her father while he glared at her.

The dinner went slow without Carlota and he was begging for her to come back soon.

Eventually, he decided to glance outside out of boredom to see both Carlota and Lorenzo outside. Talking. He didn't know how long they'd been out there for but he was getting a bad feeling.

He bent his head down to peck his lips and that caused anger in him. For a while, he's wanted to walk over to Lorenzo and punch his face. He only contained himself for Carlota and Brinley's sake.

They both walked into the house which felt like an eternity with two tubs of ice-cream. "Here's the ice-cream." Carlota sighed, dropping it on the table.

"As much as Brinley and I would love to stay, we have to get going. Thank you for having us." Landon smiled, getting up.

Carlota gave Landon a look which he replied to by rolling his eyes. "Yeah, thanks." Brinley said, collecting her bag.

They said their goodbyes and left. Carlota didn't want to be here anymore. She sat back down drinking her wine, waiting for the night to end.

*-*-*

Updating Monday 29th March 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT DO YOU THINK CARLOTA AND LORENZO WERE TALKING ABOUT?