- Chapter TWELVE -

Shoving the key inside, she quickly noticed the door was already open. "Landon!" She called out closing the door behind her.

The house looked still to her, and a bit quiet. She noticed someone watching her from the corner of the wall. "Landon, if that's you playing tricks with me it isn't funny." She warned, holding the pepper spray firmly in her hand. She was always taught to carry a bottle of pepper spray with her no matter what.

The figure's eyes disappeared and then came back. "I don't know who you are but I have a knife with me that I'm not afraid to use." A feminine voice squeaked.

"Who are you?" She asked, slowly walking towards her.

"I'm Landon's sister, who are you?" Annie said, showing herself.

Carlota was a bit taken aback by the word sister. "Sister?" She questioned staring at her. 'Well, when you actually look at her she did look like Landon in some ways.'

"Oh, I'm a friend of Landon." Carlota informed, putting the pepper spray back in her purse. "Hi, I'm Carlota."

"Annie." She replied, still holding the knife.

"I'm not going to hurt you." She chuckled, dropping her purse on the ground. "See, not going to hurt you."

Annie sighed in relief and also dropped the knife on the floor. Carlota smiled when she saw all the pen stains on her fingers. "Landon doesn't allow me to actually have makeup so I have to practise on the faces I draw." She explained, pulling her hands away from Carlota's vision.

Carlota picked her purse up and got her cherry lip gloss out of her bag. "This is cherry lip gloss."

She held her hands and squirted a bit onto her finger. "Keep in mind it's a bit sticky." Annie chuckled, as she played with it.

"The closest thing I've got to makeup is vaseline." She informed, rubbing the sticky substance on her lips.

"Can I see some of your drawings?" Carlota asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

She nodded, walking into a room and then coming back with a bunch of papers. She gave them to Carlota shyly looking away.

Carlota admired all her drawing and art skills. "Damn, I couldn't start drawing like this until I was 15." She confessed, flipping through the pages. "How old are you?"

"14."

"I actually did art when I was in high school. I loved all types of art. Photography, fine art, printing, painting, sculpting, designing, decorating you name it." She listed

"Then can you please help me perfect the face on this one?" She asked, pointing to a sheet of paper. "I'd ask Landon but he doesn't know how to draw."

Carlota laughed at the thought of Landon doing anything delicately. "D'you have a pencil?"

Annie nodded giving her a pencil.

They both kneeled down on the floor placing the paper on the coffee table. Carlota began drawing for her as she requested.

"You're really good, but you need to use light lines when drawing instead of these dark ones you do. Practise on drawing specific features before tackling the whole face. Also, you draw your lips too full and noses too small." Carlota advised finishing off and giving it to her.

She looked at the work in awe. "Wow, you're really good at drawing. You have to come here more often and help me. Also, quick question, are you one of Landon's girlfriends or actually one of his friends?"

Carlota didn't want to start lying to Landon's family. Before she could answer the door was opened and Landon was in the room. He rushed over to Annie and hugged her. "Are you okay? Where are the people?"

Annie rolled her eyes and pushed him off. "I'm fine. I thought we were being robbed but it was actually just your friend, Carlota." She explained.

Landon looked over to Carlota and glared at her. "Don't worry she didn't talk about why my face looks so weird." She snapped at Landon and walked away.

"Annie, that's not what-." The door banged. "Why are you here?" He asked her.

"Why am I here? You asked me to come."

He rolled his eyes. "Well, thanks for stopping by but I don't need you here anymore."

She glared at him but then her eyes softened. "Wait, you were mad at Brinley because she made fun of your sister?"

"Bye, Carlota." He said, pulling her out of his apartment.

"Why did you forgive her?" She questioned. "You should be mad at her."

"No, I should be mad at you. For waltzing into my house and then trying to be all friendly with my sister. Just leave." He finished, locking the door behind her.

Carlota couldn't comprehend why he was mad at her. She didn't see anything wrong with Annie.

*-*-*

I am so sorry this came out a few hours after schedule.

I'll update tomorrow to make it up to you guys.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: SHOULD ANNIE MEET CARLOTA AGIN?