Chapter eighty nine

Start from the beginning

"Seriously? Is she alright??" I questioned frantically as hope built up in my chest, completely ignoring the cries of my tired body to rest s we ran on.

"We're not sure sir, we haven't been able to make contact just yet, Rex is cutting through as we speak so we can get men in to recover the survivors." Five's replied as we hogged up the hastily built supports and back into the still unstable building. My heart was pounding once more with all those dreadful thoughts of the condition she might be in, my pace unknowingly speeding up out of dread. This was the most hopeful I'd felt in hours and yet also the most afraid.

"Is it safe? The roof in that area suffered a massive collapse after the initial attack, one wrong move...we could end up burying them." Obi wan voiced in concern making a fair point that gave me yet another thing to worry about. Slowly down a little we filed one by one into a tighter corridor towards we're a group of clones were busily working with electronic saws.

"We have supports in place sir: should the structure crumble, we'll be prepared." Five's replied while I gave a relieved nod and quickly went to run on ahead. Rex immediately stepped back from the small opening they're created and moved aside so I could pass, the other troopers who'd previously been sawing through the fallen metal also moving away so that I could get through. Pulling my saber from my belt I took in a deep breath before igniting the blade and finished the smooth cut round to clear the debris. I won't I was being as careful as I should've been, no I was probably rushing the task more than I should've. But I needed to get to her.

"Anakin wait-

Before Obi wan could lecture me the metal beams fell to the floor with a heavy clang and I swiftly ducked through the small crawl space that had now opened up. Clipping my saber back onto my belt I reached from and began to scramble through the rubble using the fallen structures as guidance through the darkness. As I got further in I began to see spark dancing in the corner and dim red emergency lights flickering.

Then I saw her, and for a moment it was like time came to a stand still.

"Oh my gosh Angel..." I whispered beneath my breath before rushing over and falling to my knees at her side and sweeping the debris from her crumble body using the force, pulling her up into my arms and holding her cold body close. Her robes were singed and torn while charged dust lay across her skin. My Angel was littered with scars, blood seeping through her hair from a wound blown to the back of her head. Tears in my eyes I cradled her limp body in my arm and placed my hand to the back of her head, feeling the slight warmth of her blood against my fingers.

Behind me the heavy footsteps of clones began to file in, but their voices were muffled to me as my hands began to tremble. Her breathing, it was so shallow, almost impossible to feel. Same with her heartbeat, it was hardly even there to hear.

"No no Angel...don't give up, fight it," I spoke moving to place a hand on her cheek, looking down at her pale face. "Baby..,please, please stay with me..." I whispered leaning down and pressing my forehead against hers. I never once took my eyes off her even as they blurred with tears. I could feel her through the force, her presence flickering like a flame in need of shelter. Keeping my hand to her wound I reached out through the force and put all my strength into trying to stop the bleeding into trying to heal her.

"Fight it (y/n), we've come this far, you can't leave me now." I whispered through gritted teeth feeling w light tingling round my fingers that I sincerely hope meant my efforts were working.

Obi wans pov

"That's the Chancellor alright, he looks to be in decent shape but get him out to the infirmary anyway, go on, move! Move!" Commander Fox instructed giving a wave of his hand as a few of his troops recovered Palpatines body to a stretcher and a breathing mask was placed over his mouth and nose. As they swiftly exited carrying the elderly man with them i crouched down and put two fingers to the wrist of a near completely covered senate guard. However there was nothing to be felt, both this and the other guard were stone cold and lay lifeless under the rubble. It's a miracle the chancellor was so untouched. Quickly my thoughts then moved to (y/n), holding up a torch Red had provided me with and searching the wrecked office for her and Anakin.