025

A month after

A month after...

“Hello?” Ahana picked up her phone without reading the caller id. She was flipping through the papers when she heard the other person's voice.

“Is this the tone you use for your elders?” The other person on the call asked.

Ahana took the phone back in her hand only to check that it was a private number.

She kept the papers aside on her desk and held her phone properly.

“Excuse me? May I know whom am I talking to?” She said with a frown.

“Your Enemy!” Here, came the voice again.

“Excuse me?” She stood up from her chair and walked till the window.

By this moment, Ahana had understood that this person is one of her relatives because it was a lady on the call. Her voice was so stubborn, that Ahana got scared for a moment. “How bold this woman might be in reality,” she wondered.

“Come to Khurana Mansion right now and don't forget to bring Chocolate Sandesh from Mohan Sweets near the office,” That lady hanged up immediately after giving such a threatening order to Ahana.

Ahana still wasn't aware of what just happened to her in few minutes. Curiousity crept up her mind about who that lady was. She just took her bag and left from her cabin.

She packed 1 kilo Chocolate Sandesh as directed and drove straight to the Mansion. It was evening, so she was bound to find traffic on the main roads of Mumbai.

She reached home after approximately half an hour.

She walked in her heels till the main hall where she found Prachi, Pranav and Arpita standing together. Moving her gaze down, she found an old woman seated in nice, rich, cotton saree with her hair tied from back. White strands were left loosed in the right corner which made her look more royal.

She was peacefully drinking her tea and staring the photo frame kept on the teapoy. The photo frame had the photo from Dhruv and Ahana's wedding. It was a family photo.

Ahana silently walked upto the trio who were standing quietly like the notorious students were when made to punish.

She kept the bag of sweet on the teapoy next to the frame.

“Is she our relative?” She whispered to Prachi.

Prachi just nodded to her.

“So I guess you don't like wearing watches,” That old lady said while keeping the cup and saucer back in its place.

Ahana understood that she was being taunted for coming late.

“Um... That's not my excuse. Actually it was traffic back then,” She kept her answer ahead.