First Case

A couple days later

Katrina pushes the front door of the BAU office opened, juggling her briefcase and 8 coffees (in those 4 cup holders) with a bunch of sugars and creams scattered across everything.

All she wanted to make the team like and accept her as their own. She has been all around kind since she started, this was just something random.

"Good morning!" JJ called from her desk, standing up.

"Hey.." Katrina mumbled, setting the coffees down on a desk with someones files. The other Agents glanced over their cubicles.

"You all like coffee.. Right? Cause I always see you guys drinking them and I just thought hey maybe coffee is on me today-"

"Hey hey, slow down." Morgan said to Katrina, approaching her slowly. He gave her a warm smile.

"Sorry I see ramble while nervous." She flushes slightly.

"It's fine- we all have quirks." JJ assures her. Giving her a kind smile.

"That's really sweet of you." Prentiss said. They all walked over and thanked her. She tried to catch a glance at Reid working away at his cubicle. He seems to be deep in though, not paying attention to the rest of them. Kat wondered why he was so quiet when she was around- does he not like Kat? She shrugged softly, thinking of asking him later.

All of a sudden, Garcia's office door bursts open. "I smell coffee!" She calls, walking down some steps and approaching the table. Kat takes a cup and hands a cup to her.

"Thanks sugar!" Gracia praises her, patting Kat's shoulder. Garcia adds a couple cremes and a sugar. "Sorry- gotta get back to work!" She says before making her way back to her office.

"Where's Hotchner?" Katrina asks Morgan.

"In his office- thanks for the coffee by the way sweetness!" Morgan says with a grin before walking back to his cubicle.

"Does Reid like coffee?" Kat whispers to Prentiss. Prentiss glances over from her desk and nods.

So Kat takes one of the 3 cups over to Reid's cubicle, some sugars and creams in her other hand. She taps his shoulder softly and set the cup down next to his keyboard. He turns around in his chair to face her and his eye widen slightly.

"Ohh- uh.." He mumbles. It was unlike Reid to not know what to say- but he was again overwhelmed by Katrina's features. Today her hair was half up half down. She wore minimal make up and light gloss covering her perfect lips. He never knew what to say to her or even around her. He really wanted to get to know her and go on cases and such with her. He couldn't develop feelings that would be totally unprofessional.

"Oh, you got this?" He asked her, trying to keep his words steady. She nods slowly, showing her white, straight smile. 'God she's perfect' he though.

"Well thank you." He smiles. He notices that it isn't too hard to talk to her, just calm and steady. For a moment she takes his hand which confused him a lot. She brings his sweaty hand up and places some sugars and creams in it.

"See you around, Reid." She pats his shoulder before grabbing another cup with some sugars and cream making her way to Hotch's office. She really wanted to impress him- he is her superior after all.

She knocks twice before hearing a muffled "Come in." So she steps inside.

"Good morning- uh would you like some coffee? I brought in some this morning." The words shakily leave her mouth. 'Be confident and secure' she thought. She had always had problems with speech and being social as a kid.

"Oh yes, thank you Agent Parker." He says his voice flat and lifeless. She walks over and places the cup on his desk.

Before she places the sugar and creams down he stops her. "I take it black, thank you." He says. She nods slowly before making her way to her own cubicle.

**

Katrina was browsing through old files and cases when Hotch emerged from his office.

"Everybody,conference room now." He shouts before getting Garcia from her office. Everybody stands from their seats and makes their way over.

Kat's stomach was in knots. Her very first case in the BAU- first case ever. She walks in last and everybody has their own seats.

Garcia tugged on Kat's side, ushering her go sit in the seat next to her.

"Alright- so this morning, 35 year old Jackson Pierce was found dead on his bedroom floor- multiple stab wounds across his back and chest. His wife Lauren Pierce and their two young children are nowhere to be found.." Hotchner explained. On the projector appeared a picture of , well Jackson Pierce. The gashes in his skin looked very deep. Poor guy.

"Do they have suspects already?" Rossi wonders. Garcia is already typing away on her laptop.

"Yes- the main suspect they think is his wife. This morning the two children were in school and at their daycare- Lauren is as well at work. They're pulling her out now for questioning.."

"Well did they find finger prints?" Prentiss asks suddenly.

"Nope. The unsub wore gloves, no trace of anything."

"Are we going to go check out the scene?" Katrina surprises them all by saying.

"Yes- I suppose you could come along to the scene. Rossi and Prentiss go to the questioning asking Lauren a couple questions. The rest of us go to access the scene and talk to cheif of police- and Garcia, call us when you find something."

So the next few minutes consisted of everyone scrambling around getting their guns in their holsters and some gear on.

Rossi and Prentiss get in their own car while the rest get into the range rover. Katrina's stomach churned- this was so exciting to her! She was going to be working on a case. It made her feel important.

All though she had yet to test to when she'll receive her very own pistol.