THIRTY-TWO

(A/N): first off, i wanted to thank all of you for 5.38k! My goodness, that is crazy!
So, thank you all for reading and voting my story, it truly means a lot!! Keep commenting as well, I love reading them! I'll start reply to all of you, if you have questions, just ask in the comments!
Now, into the story!!

38k! My goodness, that is crazy!So, thank you all for reading and voting my story, it truly means a lot!! Keep commenting as well, I love reading them! I'll start reply to all of you, if you have questions, just ask in the comments!Now, into the s...

"If it comes, let it. If it goes, let it."

The first day of school after the break soon rolled around and Eloise honestly hated the idea of going back to Hogwarts. She had been so relieved, staying a few days with her family. Though, she knew it was something that was meant to end, someday.
All she had to do, in order to survive that day, was avoid both James and Lily. Oh yeah, and Elian. He acted like a complete arse. She told herself.
Thankfully, her first class was Advanced Potions, which she had with Kendrick and her brother. A sigh escaped El's lips, she couldn't help but wonder what James would think if he saw her with Kendrick again.
Wait, who cares if he thinks bad of me? She silently scoffed as she stood up from her bed and trotted to the bathroom.
Her stomach twisted for a second.
You care, said again her own voice in her head.
Another heavy sigh escaped her lips, shaking slightly. She wasn't going to make it to the end of the day, if she saw James and Lily together again. Why did she have to fall for that boy, again? She knew it was going to end badly, which was because it was a game for James if it wasn't Lily, they were referring to.
She ran an hand over her face and splashed it vigorously a few times, then she rushed back into her bedroom and picked her uniform and robe out.
That morning, she had awoken earlier than she had ever done, mostly because she wanted to get away without talking to anyone. Which was working, until she descended the stairs and found Sirius, sitting on one of the couches.
"Good morning, sunshine." He smirked, standing up from the couch and hurrying to her.
"Hello, Pads." Tried her best to hide her cheeky grin Eloise, recalling what her brother had told her. "What are you doing, awake at this hour?"
Padfoot shrugged his shoulders and motioned for the two of them to keep walking and head to the Great Hall for breakfast.
"I couldn't sleep, that's all." He told her, nonchalantly.
Lunar gave him a worried look, her heartbeat increasing for a second.
"Is everything alright?" She concerned and Sirius gave her a reassuring smile, though it didn't convince her completely.
"Yes, of course."

~•~

The Great Hall was mostly empty, because of the early time they had arrived there.
The two of them sat at their usual spot at their table and began filling their plates with breakfast. Of course, Eloise only ate a buttered toast, while Sirius ate so much it seemed he was actually having lunch. Which made a slight chuckle escape the girl's lips.
She sighed as she rested her cheek on her palm, playing with her food in her plate.
Sirius truly wanted to talk to her, tell her that James was really sorry and he wanted to make things right...that he meant to choose her, not Lily. Though, Pads also acknowledged that it wasn't his place to tell her. It had to be Prongs, not anyone else.
"Have you heard from your brother yet, Pads?" Suddenly asked Eloise.
Padfoot paled a bit, shoving some bacon in his mouth to cover it up.
"Absolutely!" He sarcastically replied, his mouth full of food. "It's not like my own brother loathes me!"
She raised an eyebrow at him, trying to study his sentence in between words. It was obvious he was being sarcastic, though she just wanted to make sure that her friend was alright and safe.
"You don't have to lie, you know, you can talk to me." She reassured him, resting her hand on his gently and smiling slightly.
Just then, James entered the Great Hall. His head was bowed towards the floor, his hands were tucked in his pockets and it somewhat concerned Eloise. It wasn't him, walking with his head down.
However, she wasn't meaning to ask or tell him that she had noticed something wrong.
"Now, if you'll excuse me, Pads." She muttered, quickly. "I have to go, I'll see you later."
She quickly walked out of the Great Hall, hoping not to be seen by James, which he of course did.
His head snapped up and felt his breathe hitching in his throat, Merlin if he wanted to trail behind her and talk to her. Tell her how bad he had messed up, that he meant every word he had ever said to her. Though, he knew he had to give her some time.
Therefore, he sighed and slowly walked to join his best friend at the table.

~•~

"Eloise, wait!" Called a voice from behind her.
Her stomach tightened, even though Eloise knew it wasn't James who had called her.
She turned around and grinned politely at Kendrick, whose smile got wider when she faced him.
"Mind if we walk together to potions?" He suggested, sweetly.
She nodded and the two of them began walking towards the dungeons, where Slughorn's classroom took place.
Lunar was beyond happy that he had let her move to Advanced Potions, instead of the class of her own grade. She was very good at brewing potions and she loved it.
Though, she didn't really want to become an Alchemist or Healer. She had thought about him, while she was at home, she wanted to become an Auror.
Mostly after she had heard from the news that another muggle family had been attacked and killed by hand of wizards.
"Have you spent this break quite alright?" Suddenly, questioned Kendrick, showing an hint of concern in his voice.
Must've heard about James and I, she thought.
"Yeah," she lied, sighing. "Had an emergency at home, me and my brother had to go back for a few days."
He nodded, understanding. He had of course heard about her argument with Potter, though he didn't want to intrude or pester her about it. They were just going back to being friends and he honestly didn't want to blow everything up. Hence, he simply stayed silent.
When everyone arrived at Potions, Slughorn addressed for all of them to stand behind a cauldron each and pull out their books.
"Now, who knows anything about love potions?" Happily asked Slughorn.
Eloise tried her best not to groan, while her brother seemed more interested for he had raised his hand.
"Yes, Mr Lupin." Called the Professor with a grin.
"Amortentia is the most powerful one and, of course, dangerous." Began Remus, confidently. "These sort of potions might cause even obsession, making fall in love whomever drank it with who had brewed it."
"Yes, yes! Correct, 10 points to Gryffindor!" Gladly stated Horace. "Does anyone else know what the Amortentia smells like?"
"There's not a concrete perfume, Professor." Chimed in Eloise, shyly. "It makes us smell who we love the most, that is why it might cause obsession."
Slughorn seemed even more pleased and clapped his hands, adding another 10 points to her house. Then, he used his wand to write on the board where the ingredients were in their textbook. He then mentioned they had an hour to brew it correctly.
Eloise began brewing right away and tried to follow the instructions as they were written in the book, though it was impossible. That's incorrect! She exclaimed in her head and sighed, she was going to follow the book only partly, she decided.

When the hour had passed, only Eloise and Severus Snape had succeeded in their assigned potion.
"Very well, Miss Lupin and Mr Snape!" Mused Slughorn and clapped his hands once more. "Would you both like to say what you smell?"
El took a step forward and leaned closer to her cauldron, breathing in the scent.
"I smell...grass,...hot chocolate and...parchment, perhaps?" She announced and then took a step back.
She shook her head, trying to understand why did her Amortentia smell that way.
She sighed silently and listened to what Snape's potion smelled like, out of curiosity.

~•~

That night, Eloise couldn't stop thinking about what she had smelled in her love potion. It was a strange combination of perfumes and it was freaking her out, trying to figure them out.
A flashback of her sitting on the soft grass of the Quidditch pitch, watching the boys playing, with her brother seated with her. James had scored and turned around, speeding to her. He had charmingly grinned at her and had yelled "That was for you, Els!".
Another memory from one of the numerous nights herself and the marauders had sneaked off to the kitchens, an elf had approached them and Peter had asked for five pumpkin juice. "Nah, mate. Els would like an hot chocolate, it's her favorite." She had smiled at James, him being always observant of her and caring.
The last flashback was from the first time Eloise had spoken to the marauders, once at Hogwarts. She was writing her last essay, her parchment was rolled on the ground as well, it being too long. James was walking near there with Sirius and had tripped over her parchment, sending all of her belongings on the floor, among himself.
Once back to reality, Eloise widened her eyes, sitting up from her mattress.
It was James, who she loved the most. She smelled James in her Amortentia.
She hid her face behind her palms, she surely didn't want to love him. Why did she have to actually fall in love with that troublemaker?