TWENTY-SIX

"I don't want to get attached anymore, it only destroys me in the end

"I don't want to get attached anymore, it only destroys me in the end."

Eloise entered the room of requirement by herself and noticed how it was rather different from how it seemed during the marauders' party a few nights before. The walls were dark red colored, which made her feel more in her common room, a large and comfortable bed stood against one of them. A little nightstand was just beside the bed and carried all of her belongings she might've needed.
Another door was opposite the entrance and the word "toilet" was written in capital letters. Something in particular caught El's eyes in that room, a punching bag.
She sighed heavily as a tear escaped her eye, the another one and another one. It was frustrating for her; she had never even let herself think about somebody in a romantic way, not wanting to let too many people know about her inner monster. Now? Her heart was shattering because she let her guard down and fell for her fucking best friend, who was in love with Lily, who as well was a great friend of hers.
Her hand took a firm grip around her wand and felt all of her emotions rising in her, she just wanted to scream in that moment. So, she did.
She screamed at the top of her lungs, making the lights inside the room flicker and the punching bag shake slightly. She pointed her wand at it, tears streaming down her eyes and staining her cheeks.
"Bombarda!" She screamed, explosion hitting the bag, though it didn't budge.
She yelled every spell that she could think of, letting all her pain turn into anger and throw it all on the punching bag. Once she felt drained out completely, she dropped on her knees and lay her head on the edge of her bed.

~•~

James couldn't sleep, Eloise hadn't come back to the common room after leaving the party, and he didn't even get to wish her a merry Christmas and give her his present. Rubbish, he corrected himself shaking his head. He wanted her to come back because he was getting worried and needed to understand what was happening inside his head.
He was lying on the Gryffindor couch, his head buried in between its pillows, groaning because he felt like an idiot.
Why didn't he kiss Lily?
He groaned again, that time louder than usual.
"Merlin, Prongs," spoke a voice, whispering. "What the hell are you doing?"
James moved his face from the pillows and faced Remus, who had come down from their dorm to check up on him.
"Waiting for El to head back," nonchalantly replied the raven haired and scoffed silently. "Obviously."
Moony tried his best to hide his smirk and rolled his eyes slightly, plopping on the armchair opposite his friend.
"Go to sleep, James, you're drunk." Stated truthfully the werewolf, folding his arms over his chest.
"I am not drunk, alright?" Hiccuped Prongs with a goofy grin on his thin lips.
"Oh yeah? Tell the time, then."
James scoffed dramatically and drifted his attention towards the watch he had on his wrist, pointing his index finger at it.
"I am not drunk!"
Remus rubbed his temples, seriously full of his friends' drunk arses and stood up from the armchair.
"Come on, Prongs, we're going to sleep."
"What? Nooooo!! I need to wait for Eloiiiiise." Annoyingly whined James, trying to grip into the fabric of the couch in order to anchor down.
"Come on, you'll see her in the morning, James."
Remus stared for a split second at his friend and noticed his face had lightened up, as if something like a realization had popped in his now clouded mind.
Truth was, both of them knew that Eloise wasn't coming back that night. Her brother had noticed she was upset when she stormed out and James knew that she wouldn't stay out that late. Besides, Remus had looked at their map earlier that night and noticed that her name was nowhere to be found, meaning she was in the room of requirement or had disappeared from the school.
He couldn't help but wonder what was pushing James to wait for her that much, it didn't seem like he cared that much while he had fun with Lily.
"No, no." Rambled Prongs and his eyes widened. "I have to tell her...I have to-"
Suddenly, another figure joined the duo in the common room. A tired-looking Elian had just descended the stairs and was now currently standing there, strangely staring at them.
"For fuck's sake, guys, what are you even doing up this late?" He whined, frustratingly.
"This git here wanted to wait for El awake," explained Moons, resting his clammy palms on his hips, eyeing James.
"Well, it's 3 in the morning already." Sighed Elian and sat on the soft carpet of the common room. "Might as well wait for her all together and wish her an happy Christmas directly."
James, like the toddler he actually was in the inside, clapped his hands together and threw himself on the couch once more, much to Moony's dismay. In fact, the werewolf groaned as he sat on one of the armchairs as well.

(A/N): I'm so sorry this is kind of short!
Later, I will post another chapter!
I just wanted to make only one with their actual Christmas Day!!
Also, thank you all so much!!
Love you all,
Lu.ce