SEVEN

"I couldn't heal because I kept pretending I wasn't hurt"

"Oh come on, El!" Exclaimed Lily as she tried her best to get her best friend to leave her bed.
It was Valentine's Day and it was also a Sunday, that meant they had no classes to attend to. Which also meant they could've slept in as much as they pleased and that was exactly why Eloise didn't want to leave her bed. Though she eventually sat straight up and highly glared at the redhead, who was already wearing a beautiful outfit and her hair was laid down on her shoulders.
"Why did you wake me up? I was having a good dream!" Frustratingly hissed Lunar, rubbing her eyes.
"Please, tell me it wasn't a sex dream" Lily covered her ears as her green eyes widened, "You know what? I don't even want to know"
The blond dropped her mouth open and threw a pillow at her.
"Of course not!" Embarrassingly spoke the blue eyed with her face red, "Why would you even think that?!"
The awkward moment soon faded away and the two females, more like Eloise, got ready to head to breakfast.
The Great Hall was decorated with candles and balloons that reminded Valentine's Day, making the blond almost fake a gag. She wasn't the type of girl that would be all hearty eyed during that day of the year, she preferred literally any other holiday and festivity. A loud groan escaped her lips as her eyes fixed on the millionth couple snogging, she rolled her eyes hard and she distanced herself from Lily, who was now sitting with her boyfriend.
"Somebody seems cranky" giggled Sirius as he scooted beside her, while her brother and James sat opposite the two of them.
"Somebody needs to shut up" Eloise hissed, faking a grin at the dark haired.
Remus chuckled slightly and Prongs smirked widely.
"Why, Els, don't you like Valentine's Day?" Wiggled his eyebrows the raven haired with a cocky grin.
Lunar narrowed her eyes at him, "I just don't understand its meaning" she stated and gathered her things in order to leave the Great Hall.
And she did, she dashed towards the Black Lake and climbed up a tree, sitting on a branch. Her head rested on the hard wood and she quickly found herself getting lost in her own thoughts.
The dream from a few nights before crossed her mind, why would her conscious want her to see a possibility of future with James as her partner? She had once read somewhere that dreams mirrored what their most desire, was it even true? She certainly didn't want to with James or anyone, for that matter. Perhaps it was simply her hormones, she indeed was fifteen...the age of falling in love.
Eloise didn't want to fall in love, she didn't want to depend on anyone and being in love meant that she did. It was too dangerous for whomever would it be that she loved and loved her back. She didn't even notice she had fallen asleep until she felt herself moving. Though, she wasn't sleepwalking or things like that. Her big blue eyes snapped open and met another pair of blue ones.
"Oh hello, there" smiled widely James and kept walking as he carried her bridal style.
Lunar grinned back at him and looked around herself, noticing they had just entered the common room, which was empty for everyone was probably at Hogsmeade.
"Wh-what time is it?" She cleared her throat and James let her down on the couch.
"Around 14, I believe"
Her eyes widened, making Prongs giggle a bit.
"I have slept for 4 hours?! How is that possible?!" She exclaimed and dramatically melted in the couch, while James laughed again.
Eloise glared at him and he just laughed harder, making a growl escape her lips.
"It is not funny! Lily or Bri might've needed me an-"
"Els, calm down" chuckled the raven haired and knelt before her, resting his palms gently on her shoulders, "I'm sure they've handled it by themselves just fine"
The two of them stared into their eyes and, for some reason, she couldn't hold his glance that time and looked away rather quickly. James kept gazing her features and then cleared his throat to regain himself. He pushed himself on his feet and extended his arm for Lunar to take.
"Why don't we spend the rest of the day together, huh?" He suggested with a genuine smile.
Eloise smilingly grabbed his hand, making a cocky grin place itself on his lips, and she dragged him out of the common room with her.