THIRTY

"Just a year ago, things were very different"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Just a year ago, things were very different"

Remus had called his father that evening and they agreed they would've gotten back home for the rest of the break, meaning Eloise was able to get herself back together without James or anyone else peeking around.
El wasn't that happy at first, she didn't want to leave Hogwarts, nor did she want to spend her full moon at her house. It was heartbreaking, seeing Lyall blaming himself for the condition his children were.
"Hey, Remus is waiting for you downstairs." Softly called Lily and the blond gave her a slight nod of head.
They hadn't talked since the kiss between the redhead and James, Lunar didn't exactly know what to say. It wasn't like Lily knew about what he had told Eloise just a few minutes before.
She sighed and gripped her trunk, glad to get away from Hogwarts for a few more days.
Remus was indeed awaiting in the common room, his smile was genuine as he talked to Sirius and laughed with him. It made her heart warm, something she thought she wouldn't feel for some time now. On an armchair, Peter was chatting with Brielle, who was seated on his lap.
"Oi, Luns!" Greeted happily Padfoot and motioned for her to join them.
An hint of pink rose to her brother's cheeks and a smirk placed itself on her lips, recalling how he told her about a boy and she had begun feeling like it was Sirius himself.
"Hi, guys." She forced a grin, though she couldn't help but look for Prongs in the room.
He wasn't there, however.
"Are you ready to go home?" Grinned Remus.
"Y-yeah, I'm glad to get away from that prick." Muttered coldly Eloise and Pads giggled.
"Wish I could come," sighed Sirius.
Moony eyed him with an hint of a goofy grin.
"You know our father wouldn't mind you stayi-"
"-My father would," he cut Remus off, his voice trembling. "Reggie has already enough trouble."
A flashback from Sirius's and Regulus's argument a few weeks ago rushed through El's mind, recalling how the both of them were broken and in pain because of each other's hurt.
Padfoot faked a grin and pulled her into a warm embrace and Merlin if she needed one. It was a way to let her know that he understood and that he knew James had messed up...again.
She smiled as she rubbed his back, she as well wanted him to know that she would always be by his side, in spite of everything.
Then, Sirius wrapped his arms around Remus. It wasn't a long hug, actually, though it was his way to apologize for not being able to stay with them during their next full moon.
"We'll be seeing you s-"
Just then, a first year Gryffindor bursted inside the common room, panting like he had just ran a whole mile.
Brielle rushed to him and helped him breathe correctly.
"F-fight...out-outside...Andreikov." He breathed.
Bri sent a worried look to Eloise, who let go of her trunk immediately, sprinting towards the portrait hole and the courtyard.

~•~

Elian had only learnt that morning what had happened between Eloise and James and saying he was meaning to kill Potter would be an understatement.
His blood boiled just at the thought of his friend being hurt, therefore he wanted to have a chat with the raven haired boy.
James was by himself seated on the grass of the courtyard and had his back resting on a tree, Elian smirked.
"Oi, Potter!" He called and the other turned his head, standing up.
Prongs rolled his eyes, "I'm not in the mood to argue today, Andreikov. Leave me alone." He groaned.
The Bulgarian wizard kept walking towards him, his jaw clenched and his blood boiling more and more by the second.
"What's got your wand in a knot, huh?" He continued.
"You know exactly what."
Elian was now opposite James, his brown eyes narrowed slightly.
"Right."
Then, he swung his fist and hardly punched James in the face, who dropped on the ground hissing in pain.
Prongs cleaned the blood dripping from his nose off and tackled Elian to the ground by grabbing ahold of his legs.

Eloise ran to the courtyard just to see James and Elian fighting against one another.
Her eyes narrowed at their childish behavior.
"Hey!" She yelled.
No answer, they kept hitting each other harshly.
She pulled her wand out, pointing it at them and, using a non-verbal spell, she made them levitate away from each other.
"I said hey!" She shouted, annoyingly, and let go of them, making them drop on the grass.
"Honestly," she put her hands on her hips. "I've never met two sixteen-years-olds acting like two-years-olds!"
"El-"
"-Shut it!" She cut James off, her wand drawn towards him. "I don't want to hear from you."

~•~

Professor McGonagall called for the Lupin twins to her office around lunch time, in order to get the both of them back home.
Remus and Eloise trotted their way towards her office with their heavy trunks trailing behind them. She had told him how Elian and James were fighting and she was currently ignoring the both of them, since the Bulgarian boy explained he had punched the other because of her.
Moony wasn't surprised that Elian had beaten the shit out of James, they could've seen it coming. Though, he agreed with her.
"Come on in, Miss and Mr Lupin." Greeted McGonagall with a kind grin. "Your father will be expecting you home by now."
She handed them an handful of floo powder and motioned for them to tented the fireplace.
The first to step inside was Eloise, who threw the powder on the floor and muttered her address, just like her brother did right after.
Lyall was pacing back and forth in the living room, where the fireplace took place, awaiting for his kids to arrive.
He smiled widely when he saw a glimpse of blond hair, followed by brown hair.
He immediately pulled the twins in a warm embrace, forgetting about all the powder that was still all over the two of them.
"I've missed you, kids," he mumbled, happily. "So much."
"We've missed you, too." Noted Remus and Eloise nodded her head.
Then, Lyall let them go have a shower before having lunch all together.
It was so relaxing and calming for El to be back home, no more drama or James. It was just her family and herself, she was very happy about it.
However, the full moon was starting to get a tool on her behavior, it being the following day. She really hoped it was all going to be alright, despite everything that had already happened to her.
She just wanted to forget all about James and their last civil conversation; he chose Lily and Lunar had to stick with that.
She sighed as the hot water ran down her body, calming all of her nerves. She was relieved, finally.
She was home.

(A/N): thank you all so much for 2.51k, I can't believe it!!
Also, sorry this is kind of short and boring lol.
I'll make it up to you with the next chapter, I promise.
Thank you again,
Lu.ce