SIXTEEN

"I can't explain and I won't even try"

Did she seriously just say that? Did she seriously just say she was with Andreikov?
Shit, she thought and excused herself to go look for that Bulgarian, hoping to find him as soon as possible.
To help her find him, she rushed to the marauders' dorm and searched for the map they had made the previous year together.
Once the Marauder's Map was in her hands, she smirked to herself.
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," she chanted and the parchment began shifting to the map of Hogwarts.
She traced all the corridors and places with her index finger, trying to see his name, and once she did, she mumbled "Mischief managed" and put the map back.
Elian was in the library, which didn't exactly surprise the witch, who had learnt to address the boy as a nerd. She almost ran to the library and was relieved when she saw he was still there, reading the same book he had been reading since that morning. Eloise trotted to where he was seated and hopped on the chair beside him.
"You're here to admit I was correct, are you?" He smirked, not looking over at her.
"I'm here to tell you I might've told my friends I was with you in the forest, when I was actually there by myself almost crying my eyes out because you were right!" She replied in one breathe and Elian glanced up at her.
He giggled as he shook his head playfully.
"You're really one of a kind, huh?" He murmured softly and she gave him a cold grin. "So, what do you suggest we do? Since you basically told them we're friends now."
"Hey! Don't blame me for something I have obviously done!" Exclaimed Lunar, pointing her index finger at him, and glared at him. "We pretend to be the best of friends-"
"-No, wait, I have a better idea!" He cut her off, gaining daggers from her.
"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO SAY!" She noted angrily.
"Yeah, I just know my idea is better," stated Elian and Lunar glared at him for the millionth time. "It's obvious Potter dislikes me and he fears I'll make a move on you. Therefore, why don't we make him jealous by hanging out the two of us?"
Eloise smirked mischievously and patted Elian's shoulder warmly.
"Why not?" She winked.

"I can't believe he let her go into the forest," exclaimed angrily James as he and Lily were walking back to the common room. "I mean, it's called Forbidden for a reason!"
The redhead sighed, she had listened to the boy ramble about how bad Elian was for Eloise and they should try to tell her that. Lily admired how caring James turned out to be and she began to see him differently since the day he and Remus helped her cheer El up, though she didn't expect him to be that polemic.
"But he stayed with her, James." She pointed out to him. "Besides, we both know that if Eloise wants something, she'll get it."
Prongs nodded his head, a cheeky grin placed itself on his lips.
"Yeah..." he murmured softly. "Yeah, she will."
The two of them then said the password and the Fat lady stepped aside, revealing the Gryffindor common room behind the portrait. Laugher reached the duo's ears and they glanced where it was coming from. James clenched his jaw at the sight of Eloise chuckling with Elian, who was just staring at her lovingly. The raven haired groaned as he drifted his eyes back on Lily, who was smiling at her best friend, who seemed very happy and having fun.
"Perhaps, you shouldn't judge him without knowing him first, James." She admitted and James rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah, no." He firmly stated and rushed to his dorm, leaving a stunned redhead behind.
She just couldn't understand him sometimes...well, most of the time actually.
Elian leaned in closer to Lunar's ear and charmingly smirked.
"It worked, ELL," he whispered, so that only she could hear him.
Eloise moved her face closer to his, their noses brushing against one another, an evil grin appeared on her rosy lips.
"Fly down, Andreikov," she winked. "It's far from working."

When dinner came around, Eloise made her way to the Great Hall with Lily and Brielle, the marauders trailing behind them, though James hadn't come out of his room all day and still hadn't. It was starting to worry her, she wondered if something happened. He couldn't be that much upset because she was talking with Elian, it wouldn't make any sense. Eloise was the one who...I'm not admitting out loud yet, she stopped herself. Yes, she had told Elian he was right but she wasn't ready to say the f word.
"Where's James?" She found the courage to ask the boys, who shared a knowing look.
"He-he isn't feeling very well," stuttered Peter, signaling he was lying.
"Peter, sweetie, I love you," chuckled Bri, "but you can't lie."
Wormtail flushed crimson red as her words sank in and Eloise decided she had to go and see James. Something must be wrong, he wouldn't get that upset because of her...she wasn't that important to affect his emotions as much as he did to hers.
El bursted into the Gryffindor common room and made her way up the stairs to the boys' dorm. And she made the great mistake to not knock when she entered, catching James as he had just exited the shower...wearing only a towel around his lower waist. His hair was wet and bouncing on his forehead, dropping water on the floor, while his defined chest was almost dried completely.
Lunar's eyes widened as she locked eyes with him, making her back face him.
"What are you doing here?" Coldly questioned James.
"I-ehm..you weren't in the Great Hall, I-I was worried." She found the strength to say and finally turned around, looking at him.
A large scar divided his chest diagonally, she had made that.
"Thought you were too caught up with Andreikov to notice I was gone," loudly scoffed the boy, running an hand through his hair.
Eloise clicked her tongue, resting her hands on her hips.
"So that is what this is all about, is it, Jamie?" She giggled slightly, trying her best to not glance at his body. "You're not jealous, are you?"
James scoffed again and clenched his jaw, approaching her dangerously.
"Why would I be?" He charmingly said, their chests almost touching.
She smirked, knowing he was indeed jealous, then she put her right hand on his cheek and confidently leaned in close to his right ear.
"Sure you're not," she whispered and quickly distanced from him again, trotting away from him.
James just stood there for a few more seconds, his cheeks slightly red, and he rubbed the back of his head.

When Eloise got back to the Great Hall, she winked at Elian, who grinned slightly.
She sat beside her brother and began eating her dinner.
"Did you see James? How is he?" Asked Lily and Lunar felt something crossing her mind.
"Don't worry, Lil," she reassured the redhead. "He's completely alright."