ONE

"Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things"

"ELOISE!" Angrily yelled Lily Evans as she tried to put on her shoes and noticed there was cream inside on them
Eloise peeked her head from the bathroom door.
"Yes, Lil?" Innocently smiled the blond haired
The redhead growled and threw one of her shoes at her, causing El to fake hurt once she was hit on the arm.
"That was so inappropriate!" She joked and waved her wand, cleaning her friend's shoes from the cream she had firstly put in, "There you go"
Lily chuckled slightly and put on her cleaned shoes.
Neither of them understood how they actually managed to be that close, they were the absolute opposite, though they had almost never fought. And Eloise knew that Lily would always be there for her and support her, and viceversa of course.
The blond haired found herself more similar to Brielle, her other best friend, who was one year younger than her and the sister of Frank, Alice's boyfriend. Alice was a close friend of Lily's, however Eloise had never actually liked her. She had grown very close to the Marauders in the past four years and they were kind enough to study how to become Animagi just to help her and Remus during the full moon. James had fallen head over heels for Lily, while Sirius flirted with every girl he lay eyes on, El included, causing Remus to tense and push his friend away from his lil sister. Another boy had joined the chaotic trio, his name was Peter and he was pretty chill, always following after the other three.
As Lily and Eloise made their way down the stairs and towards the Great Hall for breakfast, they met Brielle midway down.
"Bri, it's so nice to see you!" Exclaimed the redhead, since she still hadn't seen the dark brown haired that year.
"Hey, Lily," smiled Brielle, her shy nature kicking in, "I heard you yelling at El, what's up?"
Lily's cheeks flushed of embarrassment for a few seconds and Eloise smirked.
"She just had a squishy start, that is"
The three girls continued descending the stairs towards the common room, where the marauders probably were, for Remus always waited for his sister before going to eat their meals. And in fact, the four boys were chatting , sitting on the couches and armchairs by the fireplace. Eloise had grown quite close with mostly James Potter, probably because, since she was stronger than her brother when shifted to her werewolf form, the poor animagus always had to calm her. James's animagus was a big stag and that was the reason why the other two animagi gave him the pleasure to entertain the female.
El had indeed recognized to herself that her three boy best friends were quite good looking, though she had never actually seen them as anything else than that. She would often try to help James with Lily, even though the redhead highly loathed him for some unknown reason to the other two.
Eloise would also help Peter with his homework a lot whenever Remus had to help Sirius and the two siblings then switched.
James was also the first one to actually compliment her new appearance, since the previous year she had dyed her hair platinum blond for a change, her brother wasn't quite fond of it but soon appreciated it as well.
The blond witch tiptoed behind the boys and rested her now folded arms on James's light curls.
"Good morning, Lunar" greeted with a slight grin Sirius, calling her by the nickname they all had come up with after finding out about her and Remus's nature.
"'Morning, boys" she smiled back and stood up again, causing James to turn to look at her and smile as well.
"Hi, little one" slightly smirked Remus, getting up, and ruffled her straighten blond hair.
"Hey! I am not little" exclaimed El and the four boys giggled a bit.
"You actually are the youngest among the five of us" pointed out Peter
"Whatever"
Eloise rolled her eyes and joined Lily and Bri again, who were standing a little further away, not wanting to interact with the four wizards, though they all trailed after the blond.
"Hello, Lily Flower" sheepishly smiled James, making the redhead groan a bit.
Then, they all made their way towards the Great Hall for their breakfast and seated near one another at the Gryffindor table, though Lily left and joined Marlene and Alice, who were sat a little away from them.
"I just don't understand how does she not like me!" Frustratingly exclaimed the Potter boy, making both Brielle and Eloise chuckle.
"Perhaps she just loathes you, Prongs" shrugged his shoulders Peter
"Yeah, try not to be this persistent" declared the two Lupin twins and then locked eyes with a smirk.
"That was scary," spoke James with his mouth full of bacon, making El scrunch her nose.
"Ew, James" she muttered and poured herself a cup of tea, while Prongs smiled widely at her.
"I think you should calm your hormones as well, Prongs" winked Sirius, causing the two girls to choke on their drinks.
"You're the one to talk?!" Sarcastically stated Bri, gaining an half glare from Padfoot.
James then lunged himself forward and neared the blond haired witch, who furrowed her brows in confusion at him.
"What's your first class, El?" He questioned, grinning.
James was one of the little amount of people who called her by her normal nickname, just like Bri and Lily. The other boys either called her Lunar or little one, the last one she found quite annoying.
"Transfiguration with Minnie" she told him, scanning her schedule.
"Me as well, brilliant"
The two of them looked at each other's eyes for a few more moments, before Eloise cleared her throat and shoved her toast inside her mouth quickly and not too gently.