TWENTY-NINE

"Sometimes it's not  the butterflies that tell you you're in love,  but the pain"

"Sometimes it's not the butterflies that tell you you're in love, but the pain"

Eloise stood there for few more moments, taking in what was just before her eyes. Her heart was shattering more and more at that moment, she could feel her eyes filling with tears.
However, she tried to hide her pain as she slowly backed away. Just then, as she was about to exit the portrait hole, James pulled away and his eyes wandered around the room. Guilt rushed into his brain once his eyes met Eloise's, which were glassy. His mouth formed an O shape before shoving his hands into his back pockets, he couldn't find the words.
Lunar felt the first tear staining her cheek and she shook her head, not only for the hurt she was feeling but for the disappointment. She turned on her heels and ran away from the common room.
James was to follow behind her but was stopped by Brielle, whose ears were fuming by the anger towards him. Lily, Peter and Sirius looked around the room, confused by what was going on.
Remus immediately stood up from his seat and hurried to reach his beloved sister, who seriously needed a shoulder to cry on. He stormed out of the common room and pulled out the Marauder's Map, his fingertips tracing the parchment in search for her name.
El was sitting by herself in the middle of the Quidditch pitch, something she had always found relaxing and calming. She didn't even know what was going through her head at the moment, she simply felt numb. And she knew that was even worse.
Of course James didn't mean what he had told her at the Astronomy Tower, it was obvious he was going to choose Lily nonetheless. Why did she even think about the opposite? There was no way he would pick the boring and broken werewolf, instead of the clever and beautiful witch. She felt pathetic even for just believing it for a few hours.
Her blue eyes were fixed on the sky, whose stars were shining brighter than they had ever done. She would've loved that view, if only it were another situation. She let her back lay on the grass as well and honestly wished it would swallow her inside.
Moony eventually found her mad clenched his fists as he saw her. He was so going to beat the shit out of Prongs later, even if he was one of his greatest friends. Nobody was to break his sister's heart and get away with it.
He forced a grin and dropped on the grass just beside her.
"I'm sorry," began Eloise, her eyes still looking at the sky.
"What for?" Confused Remus, lying on his side in order to look at his sister.
She faced him, a sympathetic smile on her dry lips.
"I know you don't honestly fancy that girl, RJ." She truthfully admitted. "I'm your sister, I know you better than you do yourself. I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me..."
He smiled widely, happy to know his sister supported him throughout everything.
"I promise I will be more there for you from now on, RJ."
Moons looked at the sky, just like she had gotten back on doing.
"Don't, it's me who needs to be there for you more." He stated softly. "I'm very sorry, James's a tosser if he chooses-"
"-He chose, alright? He already did," she coldly corrected him, making Remus frown slightly.
Moony sighed and sat straight, his eyes looking at his sister, debating if continue on that subject or change it to something else. He of course knew that she most likely didn't want to talk about what had happened earlier, so found all of his courage and exhaled firmly.
"Do you want to know the complete and utter truth?" He rambled, Eloise turned her head towards him again and sat straight as well. She nodded her head, happy to know her brother was about to explain everything to her.
"There was never a girl, actually. I made that up...but there indeed is someone." He smiled to himself at the memory. "I'm still not entirely sure...well, Merlin, how do I say it?"
Lunar put her hand on his shoulder softly, offering a kind and genuine grin, she was willing to give him all the time that he needed and he knew that.
"Is it about a boy, RJ?" She asked him.
Remus was revived to hear an hint of happiness in her voice, it was calming down all of his nerves and it made it easier for him to smile again and nod.
"Y-yeah, it is about a boy..."
Eloise squealed slightly before swinging her arms around his neck, embracing him tightly. She wanted him to know that, despite everything that was going on in her life or in his, she was always going to be by his side and have his back....just like she did when they were bitten ages ago. Nothing was going to go in between them.
Their conversation even managed to make her forget about James and Lily, everything seemed okay again. Just them twins, talking and laughing at their trauma or troubles, like they always used to. Eloise was feeling again, until she heard the last voice she wanted to listen to.
Her head snapped to the side, her eyes fixing on the boy who was making his way towards the twins. Remus stood up at the sight of James, whose face was pale and tense.
"Leave, James." Barked Moony, folding his arms over his chest. "I'm not letting you talk to her again."
Since Remus seemed to have distracted James enough, El took her chance and ran away.
"Please, Moons, I have to-"
"-You know I really trusted you with my sister, alright? I thought you cared and that you would've done everything to protect her, just like we all do." Scoffed the werewolf, running an hand through his messy brown hair. "Yet again, here you are, trying to fucking fix the things that you had broken in the first place!"
"I do care about her, I've cared about anyone this much!" Yelled out of frustration Prongs, his vein on the forehead pulsing. "And I know I fucked up..so many times already, but I... I have to talk to her, please..."
Remus clenched his jaw, his fists as well; he couldn't let James talk to his sister after what he had done.
"What was even the point, huh?" He whined, eyeing painfully the raven haired. "You led her on and then fucking kissed another girl, that's fucked up, mate."
"Lily kissed me, I didn't kiss her-"
"But you kissed her back, didn't you?"
James hardly swallowed and Moony chewed on the inside of his cheek, nodding his head.
"That's what I thought," he mumbled under his breathe and then pointed his index finger at him. "Stay away from my sister, alright, Prongs?"
"I have to-"
"-Give her time."

(A/N): THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! you have no idea how happy you make me and keep commenting on the chapters, I love reading your comments!
So, thanks again!
Love you all,
Lu.ce