THREE

"To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it"

Two weeks had passed since the beginning of Eloise's fifth year and it was finally that dreadful night of the month. When she awoke that morning, she felt as if she already had to puke, which happened very often during that day. She slowly stood up and felt her legs giving in under her weight, though she stayed strong and rushed towards the bathroom.
Lily heard her best friend stumbling out of bed and stood up very quickly, acknowledging her situation after four years as best friends. Therefore, the redhead stood behind Eloise, holding her hair back, as the werewolf in pain puked in the toilet.
"My goodness, El, I had completely forgotten about the full moon!" Worryingly exclaimed Lily once her friend had finished, "Do you need anything?"
"No, but you need to stay away from me today" sighed in frustration Eloise, trying her best to hold back her painful tears, "You know how I get on a full moon"
"That is exactly why I'm staying"
The blond forced a grin and immediately a sinking pain crossed her stomach, reminding her exactly why she should've turned down her friend's help.
"Nope, not going to happen, Lil" barked El and began puking again
Soon enough, Eloise succeeded in convincing Lily to go to her classes, while she stayed behind for one day. Then, she slowly made her way to her brother's room, where she hoped the other three had already gone to their classes, though she was wrong.
Sirius and Peter were sitting on the couches in the common room, while James was pacing back and forth worryingly.
"Why hasn't she come down yet?" He exclaimed, "I mean, she's alright, right? It's not like anything-"
"Calm down, Prongs" emphasized Sirius, groaning, causing Peter to slightly giggle.
Just then, a figure limped her way down the stairs of the girls' dorms and almost tripped, though James was quick enough to catch Eloise before she hit the floor.
"Fuck" muttered Sirius as he quickly stood and helped his best friend carrying the female.
Eloise shook her head slightly as if trying to convince her friends she was fine, though she knew she wasn't. She just couldn't understand why the full moon affected her even more than it did to her brother, he had never lost control. She did, however.

"Eloise, calm down-"
"No!" Yelled Eloise, pushing her twin away from her harshly and Remus hit the wall of the Willow.
They were only twelve and the full moon was almost at its peak, causing the both of them to lose their control.
The girl glanced around the the small room as she began feeling her nails shifting into claws, making drops of blood flow and hit the dirty ground. Remus stood up and lowly growled, showing his inner wolf by his voice. Their eyes met and saw them change into an amber color that they were only able to see once a month. They were soon transformed completely and began fighting against one another brutally.
Just then, the door of the Shrieking Shack swung open and Sirius, Peter and James stood there. The female werewolf howled and didn't think twice before using her claws to deeply scratch Potter's chest, who stumbled back, blood streaming from his wound.

"I'm sorry" whispered Eloise while James carried her body bridal style towards Remus's room, which was now emptied.
"What? Why would you be sorry, Els?" Softly giggled the raven haired
Her big blue eyes met with his and he finally noticed the stains from her teardrops.
"For hurting you that night" she told him as another tear escaped her eye.
James gave her a genuine smile and shook his head.
"You didn't mean to, it's quite alright" he admitted and lay her on his bed, which was opposite her brother's.
Then, three out of the four marauders made their way towards their first class, while the Lupin twins spent the whole morning by themselves. Eloise, eventually, hopped on Remus's bed and they cuddled until it was time for them to head towards the Whomping Willow.
Remus walked side by side with his twin, supporting her a little as they made their way into the passageway through the Willow. Once they reached the wrecked and small room, they sat on the hard floor and moaned in pain, awaiting for their friends to join them.
Though, Eloise hoped they would not come, for she was always scared to hurt them like she had once hurt James. It was too dangerous for them as more years passed by and her inner wolf was getting frustratingly angry because she wasn't giving it too much space. Remus noticed his sister was sobbing, probably thinking about what was supposed to happen next. He was never very good at comforting others and it was even more difficult when he felt just as bad as her. He still blamed himself for El's condition, she had indeed been bitten after rushing into his room to save him from Greyback's grasp.
Suddenly, the door yanked open and the three boys barged inside.
"You guys are feeling okay?" Worried Peter
"Yeah, real okay, Wormtail" sarcastically stated Eloise, "We're just about to fucking turn"
"Wrong question, was it?" He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.
"At least now we know our little Lunar is alright" slightly chuckled Sirius.
The two werewolves groaned once more and she began feeling her skin forming more hairs, her fingernails hurtfully began shifting into long and sharp claws and her eyes locked with James's, who was about to rush to her but got stopped by Padfoot.
"Come on, Prongs, they're about to transform" he explained as the twins slowly and reluctantly stood up.
The three animagi hurried into the stairs and quickly turned into their respective animal-selves.
Eloise felt a sudden pain crossed her back while it curved and broke her clothing, just as her legs became a lot longer and more hairy. Her glance locked with Remus's as their eyes shifted to their amber-golden color.
An howl escaped the she wolf's lips and the animagi now knew they had to take the two werewolves towards the forbidden forest in order to keep them away from Hogwarts.
That night was extremely hard for Eloise to retrain her inner wolf to screw everything up and hurt everyone there, though she managed throughout the whole night. Remus was staring to get ahold of his condition and was currently running around the forest, trailing playfully after Padfoot as the shaggy black dog and Peter as a rat on his fur.
Prongs, however, was trying his best to calm the female werewolf down by distracting her, which worked out pretty well.
It was around 5 in the morning when the animagi brought the wolves back inside the small room and awaited for them to fall asleep before wrapping them both in two blankets. Then, Sirius, James and Peter sat on the other side of the room, drifting soon asleep as well.

Eloise felt her heavy eyelids slowly snapping open and she took in her surroundings, trying to recall what had happened the night before. Her glance wandered the room and fixed on the four asleep boys around her, making her smile slightly to herself. A groan escaped her lips and she wrapped the blanket better around her body while she slowly stood up, the wooden floor cracking under her weight, making James open his blue eyes.
"How are you feeling?" He whispered, trying to not wake the others, and approaching her shaky figure.
Eloise looked at his face and immediately noticed an injury on his cheekbone and one on his left arm.
"I did these, didn't I?" She sighed and glanced at him apologetic
James shook his head and gently rested his palms on her shoulders, scared to hurt her.
"This is not your fault" he declared and then widely smirked, "Besides, Madam Pomfrey can heal these in no time and I'll get back to my usual handsome self"
El giggled slightly and nodded her head.
"I better get going now, I'm freezing" she affirmed.
"I bet, you're naked"
Eloise playfully hit his head and sighed again, glad that night was finally over.
"Wait, I'll walk you" James rushed and grabbed his jacket, wrapping it as well around her body, "Let's go"