EIGHTEEN

"A year ago you were here

"A year ago you were here."

Christmas break soon came around and Eloise felt a knot in her stomach, knowing neither of James and Lily were going to ask her to spend it with them.
She was going to spend it by herself at Hogwarts and it was quite alright with her, it would help her get ahead of her studies and she was somewhat happy about it.
Remus and Peter highly disagreed with her and pestered her to allow the marauders to spend Christmas there as well, though El didn't like the idea to have them notice how struggling she actually was. Besides, she didn't want to ruin their break.
Therefore she immediately turned them down, even though her heart was warming with their affection towards her.
After the accident in the forest, Remus had been super concerned and attentive of his sister, too scared something else might've happened, while James had distanced from her. He had realized he was the only one she should've been protected from and didn't want to hurt her even more.
Elian and Lunar had grown closer again, though they would still disagree on a lot of topics and bicker. Currently, the two of them were studying together near the Dark Lake.
It was more like she was studying and he was annoying her with loads of facts about his favorite book, which Eloise didn't quite enjoy.
"Honestly, Elian," she groaned. "Shouldn't you be studying? Like me?"
He chuckled.
"It's not my fault I'm naturally clever and don't have to study," he winked and El sent daggers his way.
"Well, I still believe you should," she glanced up from her parchment and eyed him again. "Besides, don't you want your break free from homework?"
Elian immediately sat straight at the mention of the Christmas break and let a cheeky grin placed itself on his thin lips.
Just then, three out of the four marauders made their way towards the duo and sat all around the girl like a some sort of shield, which really confused her. In fact she raised an eyebrow.
"Hi, guys..?" She awkwardly greeted and her brother gave her a warm smile. "What are you doing here?"
Sirius immediately faked hurt, being his usual dramatic self.
"What, you don't want us here?" He put an hand over his heart. "That hurt, Eloise ThEoDoRa Lupin."
Eloise face-palmed herself while Wormtail began laughing quietly.
"Theodora?" Confused Elian and Pads smirked.
"Oh yeah, didn't she tell you that's her second name? Quite pathetic, is it?"
The girl made a face of disgust and shoved her friend not-too-harshly in the shoulder. Remus just looked at them and grinned, contrarily to Peter, who was now laughing his arse off like a toddler. Elian smiled slightly as well, though he tried to hide it, and admired the duo who were fighting.
"What are you doing this Christmas break, Andreikov?" Suddenly questioned Moony, trying to seem just curious, even though he only wanted to ensure he wasn't meaning to stay with Lunar.
"Ehm...that's what I was meaning to say when you guys interrupted us," Elian told him, sheepishly.
The other three finally turned their attention to him and listened as well.
"My family can't come pick me up, so I'll stay here...with you, Eloise..."
Remus slightly glared at the Bulgarian and clenched his jaw.
"That's brilliant, then!" He quickly sent the other two boys a look of warning, which confused his sister. "We are all staying too!"

~•~

"Are you mental?!" Whisper-yelled Sirius as he, Peter and Remus walked their way back to the common room.
They were supposed to spend the break at Peter's that year and both Lily and Brielle were going to be there as well, he wanted to invite Eloise and he was certainly going to, despite James not talking to her, but Moony told him not to, knowing that it would only hurt his little sister. Though, now that Remus had told not only Elian but Eloise as well that they were going to stay...they had indeed to stay at Hogwarts. And Sirius was sure as hell James was going to stay too just because Andreikov would get to spend his whole time with Eloise otherwise.
"What, I can't let that prick spend the break with my sister if I'm not around!" Exclaimed Moony, alarmed. "You don't have to stay-"
"-Of course we do," Padfoot cut him off with a grin.
"Yeah, she's our little sister too, mate!" Smiled warmly Wormtail.
The three of them then trotted towards their dorm, where they knew the fourth marauder was. They were pretty sure he was going to be slightly upset at first, knowing he wouldn't get as much time with Lily, though once they mentioned Lunar's name he would be alright with it.
"Hey, Prongs!" Greeted Peter as they entered the dorm.
James was, strangely, doing his homework and sat on his bed with his eyes fixed on his parchment. Though, as Remus approached him, he soon noticed that wasn't homework...it was their Marauder's Map and more specifically, his blue eyes were fixed on her name, which was near Elian's name and it made Prongs angry.
"Oi, James! Looking at her name won't make her forgive you," stated Pads, knowing exactly what his best friend was doing. He had noticed, in fact, that Prongs was now used to just staring at Eloise's name on the map.
"But I don't want her forgiveness..." muttered the raven haired. "No, I mean...I want her forgiveness but I'll..I'll just end up hurting her again, I don't want that."
Peter shrugged his shoulders, "I reckon you're hurting more by ignoring her, Prongs."
Moony nodded his head in agreement with him.
"She's not going to forgive me easily, boys," sighed in defeat James.
Sirius smirked slightly, glancing at Peter and Remus.
"Well, you've got plenty of time since we're staying here for Christmas!" Announced Padfoot with a grin.
James furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion and looked back and forth between his friends, what? He thought.
"Why?" He questioned.
"Well, we have to keep Andreikov away from my sister." Explained Remus, rolling his eyes in annoyance at the mention of the Bulgarian.
Prongs widened his eyes as he clenched his jaw.
"Brilliant, then. Let's tell the girls, Christmas party." He winked and they all smirked.

(A/N): sorry this is kind of short!
What do you guys think?
Remus big brother mode: ON!!!!
Thank you guys again,
Lu.ce