NINETEEN

"But how do you let go of the person that felt like home?"

"Oi, Lunar!" Called loudly and cheerfully Sirius as he had noticed the girl sitting by herself in the middle of the Quidditch pitch.
Eloise glanced up from her book, which was given to her by Elian.
"Hello, Pads," she grinned slightly at him. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"
Padfoot smiled widely as he sat himself just beside her and lay on his back, looking at the cloudy sky. Eloise stared at him weirdly, trying to understand what did he want. Though, she soon relaxed again and got back to her reading, just enjoying her friend's company, which she truly needed.
Another week had passed and James still hadn't spoken to her, nor did she actually, even though she was not meaning to do it. It was his fault, it was his job to make things right...if he wanted to, just that thought made her stomach twist.
"Are you alright there, Luns?" Worried Sirius, noticing her change of expression.
El nodded her head, forcing a shy grin to place itself on her dry and pale lips. Truth was she wasn't alright, she had been skipping meals and her body was becoming weaker by the second. The worse part was that next full moon was getting closer and she feared what her inner wolf was planning to just hurt her.
"I'm fine," she quickly stated and avoided eye contact with Sirius.
"You can tell me if something's bothering you...or someone," mumbled mischievously Pads and smiled genuinely when he heard a giggle coming from her. "I have no trouble beating his arse."
Eloise awkwardly chuckled and tried her best to not even consider the idea Padfoot had just mentioned.
"I don't believe you would like beating his arse, Pads," she playfully shook her head, still avoiding eye contact.
"So there is a someone, huh?"
She felt her cheeks reddening a little bit and sighed, knowing she had to tell somebody eventually. She shakily put her book down and finally met his dark eyes, feeling slightly more comforted by the empathetic look they held.
"Ehm-there's this boy, I-ehm...I might've developed feeling for and...he..." she stopped, trying her best to hold in her tears, it hurt even more to say it out loud. It was like tearing her heart out in the open, acknowledging that, even if she indeed had developed feelings for James, he didn't feel the same way. It was obvious he didn't, he was in love with Lily, aka El's best friend, and it seemed the redhead had begun feeling something too. "And...he doesn't feel the same way, that's all. It's-it's stupid, i know-"
"It's really not, actually." Sirius grinned slightly, shaking his head a bit. "Did he tell you he doesn't feel the same way?"
"I didn't ask him, nor am I meaning to." she admitted firmly and he groaned loudly.
"Why not, perhaps he does have feeling-"
"No, Sirius. It would only complicate things, trust me." Cut him off Eloise with her voice cracking a little bit, which made her friend sit straight and look at her with concern showing on his handsome features.
Padfoot gave her a genuine and warm smile before pulling her in an embrace, without knowing that was exactly what she so desired and needed. Eloise wrapped her arms around his back and lay her head on his shoulder, trying to stop her tears to flow out, for they were starting to fill her big blue eyes. She heavily sighed and sniffed silently, while Sirius simply caressed her tense back and hair.
"Look, Eloise," he whispered in her ear, sending chills down her spine. "Whoever he is, if he doesn't see how amazing and-and brilliant you are, he's not the right one, alright? You are honestly one of the best people I have ever met and you therefore shouldn't stress out for one boy, I bet everyone here has the hots for you."
She chuckled softly, making Sirius grin wider, and pulled away from the warm embrace with a sheepish smile playing on her pale lips. Lunar would have never thought Pads was going to be the one to cheer her up like that, it warmed her heart truly.
"Thank you, Sirius, honestly." she sighed and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, making his grin again like a toddler who had just been given a candy. Eloise shook her head playfully at him and then the two of them made their way back into the common room, where their closest friends were already awaiting for them.
"It was nice of you to join us," sarcastically replied James, who was seated beside Remus and Peter.
"Meaning?" Folded her arms above her chest Eloise, truly full of that guy's shit.
"You've already forgotten about Andreikov, have you?" he scoffed and everyone stared at him, speechless. Remus looked at him blankly and clenched his jaw, though he didn't do anything else because he knew it was James's jealousy talking, even though that didn't make it alright.
"You really are a piece of shit, did you know that?" muttered Eloise, her stomach twisting. "And I wanted to make up with you, stupid of me."
His blue eyes snapped to her direction at that phrase, his heart broke even more at her sight, her eyes puffy and her body slimmer than it was supposed to be. How come nobody noticed she hadn't been eating? He asked himself.
"Eloise-"
"-Don't you dare talk any more, James. J-just st-stop, you're making it worse." She cut him off and stormed inside her dorm.
Brielle didn't think twice before rushing upstairs to her best friend with her heart in her hands; her brown eyes became glassy as she noticed El lying on her bed, sobbing into her pillowcase. Bri sniffed and ran over there, sitting just beside her and caressing her back gently, letting her know she was there for her.

"Care to explain?!" Exclaimed Moony, crossing his arms over his chest and eyeing angrily Prongs.
"I thought you wanted to make up with her!" Stated Peter, his concern for Eloise taking the best of him.
"Yeah, well, looks like Pads here had already cheered her up. Isn't that right, Sirius?"
Padfoot loudly scoffed at James and ran an hand over his face and through his dark hair.
"Of course I cheered her up, she's my friend!" He told him. "But I know she would've preferred you to do it, because you're the only one who really understands her! Not me, not Wormtail, not Moons. You!"
"How am I supposed to make her feel better if I'm the one who hurt her in the first place?!" Prongs's voice cracked as his mind made him hear her telling him he had hurt her. It was hurting him like nothing had ever hurt him to see her in that condition; that was exactly why he was keeping his distance, in order to protect her from himself.
"Nuh-huh, I am certainly not hearing this bullshit anymore." Said Moony and pointed his index finger at James. "She needs you, Prongs. And you need her! You really think we haven't noticed you stalking her with our map?"
"Yeah, mate, you're not the same without her." Agreed Wormtail.
"She certainly does not want to talk to me," noted the raven haired.
"Well, thankfully we have all the Christmas break to get you two back together." Smirked Padfoot.