Chapter 1✨

"Jeno! Get up! You've got school! It's the last day come on!" Said boy groaned but got up regardless. "Another day dealing with assholes in a hell hole. Ain't that something. Least this the end of it."

   He got up and did his morning routine. Took a quick shower, brushed his teeth, and got dressed. He doesn't really care about style but if you ask anyone, they'll say he's an icon. But the boy kept it simple.

    He put on his jewelry, which consisted of a pendant and some rings. He never left the house without it. It was a symbol of his faith and he never felt complete without it.

  "Jeno! Let's go! You're gonna be late!" "It's the last day why should it matter?!" He hurried downstairs and quickly ate breakfast before heading out the door to school

  "Jeno! Let's go! You're gonna be late!" "It's the last day why should it matter?!" He hurried downstairs and quickly ate breakfast before heading out the door to school. He did have a car but seeing that there's no point, he chose to walk.

He put his headphones in and went on his merry way, admiring the beauty of the day. The sun was out and there were so many pretty flowers in bloom.

    But he had to remain focused or else he'd be even more late. So with that in mind, he hurried to school.

"Good morning everyone!" The class responded with groans and such. "Well that was wack. Anyways, last day of school! Yeah!" That's when everyone cheered. "But it is still a school day. So, pull out your books."

Everyone groaned. But of course, everyone was prepared with a book. Mr. Wang told everyone to read a bit.

Luckily for Jeno, he liked to read. "Yo let me look like I'm doing something since I forgot my book." Jeno looked over. "Mark, dude you have got to do better." He let the boy over and shared the book with him.

After 10 minutes, Mr. Wang spoke up. "Alright. Rest of the class? Free period." Everyone silently celebrated and went on to do their own thing. "Thank God summer is here. I couldn't last one more day in this shithouse."

"That should be detention but since it's the last day, I'm going to let it slide," Mr. Wang pointed out.

The bell rung, and that's when chaos begun. Everyone was running out of the room and Jeno was lucky he didn't get trampled over.

"God, I love people." He walked out with Mark. "Enjoy your summer boys!" They waved at their teacher.

"Yea so like how exactly do Bar Mitzvahs work? I've heard they're like a coming of age thing that you had to do when you were in grade 6?"

  Jeno nodded. "Yea I read from the Torah and I suddenly become a man. It's kinda like a quinceanera but at age 13 and for dudes."

    "Oh that's cool! See I never really understood like the whole not eating pork thing and all that. But I guess that comes with the religion as well?"

   "Yea see we have a lot of restrictions. And holidays. We have different sets of beliefs so that's why it's a lot to others."

  They continued to Mark's place. "Mom! I'm home!" She walked from the kitchen. "Yes I see that and I see you brought Jeno with you. Hi dear." "Hey ma."

"Since it's summer I take it you're gonna do nothing but sleep your lives away and fuck every person you see?"

"Woman what is wrong with you?!" Jeno was silently dying at this. "No ma'am I don't do such stuff. I might have familial things to deal with this summer. There's really no telling."

"Ah yes. But haven't you already done such?" Jeno nodded. "In May we had Shavuot. I don't think anything else is coming up soon."

"That's sweet. Well, I'm gonna go out later tonight. Jeno you're free to spend the night or what not. Just don't get drunk while I'm gone and if anyone coming over for a fuck, there's condoms in my top beside drawer."

"Mom, shut up and get out," Mark sighed out. "Little boy we can fight. Anyways, I'm gone." She walked out.

"Anyways, I'm thinking about inviting my very close friend over." Jeno looked at the boy. "Oh you have one of those?" "Yea! He's an adorable thing. And he was lonely so I helped him out."

Jeno chuckled. "That's amazing. But like, imagine being in love. To me that shit does not exist."

   "Simply because you have not found the right mate. One day she, or he, or they, will come your way and things will be all so perfect. I promise."

"I hope you're right Canada. I hope you're right."

It was currently 8 p.m and Jeno was walking home. He was on the phone with one of his older friends, Doyoung.

"My mom literally misses her other son. She's steady asking when she's gonna see you." "Ah hyung. Tell mom she'll see me soon." "She asked how soon? Saturday?"

"I don't think so. I have to go to Synagogue. Just tell her it'll be soon." "Okay then. See ya kid." "Bye hyung."

After he hung up, Jeno walked inside his house. "Mom! Dad! I'm home!" He walked in the kitchen and saw his mom preparing food. "Welcome home dear."

"Hey mom. Where's dad?" She smiled. "He's working late tonight. He won't be home until 10. I'm going to put his food in a Tupperware." She finished the rest. Then she turned to Jeno.

   "You can eat whenever you're ready. And friendly reminder: a mutual friend is throwing a party tomorrow night and I'm bringing you along. You need some other friends."

Jeno sighed. "I don't like people, mom." "Well that's going to change. Now go wash up."

Jeno went upstairs to his room and put everything away, and then went back down to eat. After he ate, he went to his room and did his workout, took a shower, and laid on his bed.

   He kept pondering on what Mark said. He never really believed in love, but he never necessarily hated the idea either. "Well, I'll worry about that when it's time." He said his prayers and then went to sleep.
✨✨

This is so random lmao but I hope you guys like it💚

Thanks for reading! 💞