Happy Birthday

AnnaLeigh Moore

"What is it?" Kehlani asked as I shrugged and tore open the letter, Kehlani looking over my shoulder and reading it as I did.

My Sweet Anna

I know you were to visit tomorrow and im sorry but I must go away for work once more.

Mr Thomas is working me to death and I  normally would say no but we need the money. I'm very sorry, honey.

Just know I love you and I hope you enjoy your day.

Love mother xx

"She's alway fucking working" I roll my eyes and tear up the letter, throwing it into the trash beside me. I love my mother, very, very much but I feel like I never see her anymore.

I miss her.

"She means well. She can't help it" Kehlani comforted me as I smiled.

"I'm tired as fuck- I'm going to bed. Night guys" I smiled and stood up as they all said their good nights back.

"Rise and fucking shine you bad bitch!" Kehlani shouted as she tore open the curtains, letting a piercing light into the dorm as she jumped onto my bed.

"Lani" I groaned as I tossed and turned in my bed, having been woken up from my dream about Draco-

"Get. Up" She patted my bum as I groaned again and finally sat up, giving her a glare "Don't look at me like that. You knew damn well that I was gonna wake you up like this"

"I thought birthdays were supposed to be about what I want, I want to sleep in" I whined as she laughed and shook her head.

"Oh, no baby. Birthdays are about pure embarrassment and drinking" she smirked as I fell back down and threw my pillow over my face.

"I want Waffles" I said but my voice was a bit muffled due to the pillow covering my face.

"Good. I had to bribe Professor Longbottom with my delicious self so he would give us first period off" she smirked as I moved the pillow from my face and sat up again.

"Lani. He's married-"

"I'm kidding! I promised I would help him clean the greenhouse every afternoon for a week" she rolled her eyes as a small chuckle left my lips "now get the fuck up please"

"Ugh. Fine" I threw the pillow at Kehlani before pulling the doona off myself, standing up to stretch.

"Happy birthday, best friend" Kehlani smiled as she wrapped me in a hug "You're the big 19 bitch, how you feel?"

"The same honestly" I shrugged my shoulders "But-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU UGLY BITCH!" Tiffany burst through the door with a party popper, spraying confetti all over the dorm floor and balloons that said '19'.

"I'm.... s- sorry.... I tired... to.... stop her" Albus came running behind her, very out of breath and red in the face.

"It's ok" I smiled as I walked over to Tiffany and gave her a hug "Thanks Bub" I whispered as she squeezed me very tight.

"Happy birthday, Anna" Albus smiled sweetly as I also gave him a small hug.

"You're all so sweet" I blushed "but I want fucking Waffles so let's go" I pushed everyone out the door. I was still in my pjs but I didn't care. I would probably get in trouble for not being in uniform but I can use the birthday excuse.

"Fuck. That smell is heavenly" I took a big sniff of the waffles and bacon that sat before me in my plate.

"Smells the same as every day" A girl sitting across from me rolled her eyes at my over enthusiasm.