xxv. little taste of heaven

Start from the beginning

Lois hummed, thinking her sister's idea over in her head. "When are you going to ask him?"

"Maybe when he's most likely to say yes?" Aurora said sheepishly.

"Hmm, what about when he's more likely to say no?" Lois grinned.

"You're terrible." She told her, picking up a cushion and shoving it at her sister's face, finding great amusement in the way she fell backwards.

"Rude." Lois huffed, sitting back up as Aurora shrugged.

"How's married life?" She asked.

"It's great," Lois smiled. "Would 10/10 recommend. The sex is so much better when you're married."

"Ew," Aurora commented. "I do not need to know about your sex life."

"It's probably the closest you'll get to sex. I mean, there are other options, friends with benefits or maybe an open relationship."

"I don't...I don't want an open relationship," She said quietly. "Has Remus talked about wanting that?"

She really hoped he hadn't. She had no idea how they were going to work out this marriage, but a selfish part of her—the larger part—didn't want him to see other people.

"No, he hasn't," Lois reassured her. "Have you two not talked about it?"

Aurora shook her head. "We generally try to avoid the topic of our marriage, it's rather awkward..."

"Christ, Rory. You two need to talk about this stuff." She told her.

"I know we do, but I don't want to make things weird between us."

"Aurora, you need to talk to him, make sure that you're on the same page."

"I'll talk to him when he feels better." She promised her.

"Fantastic," Lois smiled. "Now get to bed otherwise you'll be knackered in the morning."

"Hey, Rory," Lois poked her head around her door.

Slowly, Aurora opened her eyes. "Yeah?" She mumbled.

"I'm just about to head off to work, but I thought I would let you know that they came back a few hours ago."

Aurora shot up out of bed upon hearing the words. "Is he alright?" She asked.

"He's fine," Lois answered, already knowing who she was asking about. "He's been asleep since they came back, and will probably wake up in an hour or too."

"Okay, thank you." Aurora said, watching her sister leave, closing the door behind her.

Aurora listened to the sound of everyone leaving the house, the front door closing behind them or the sound of the fireplace.

She waited for 15 more minutes before rolling off of her bed and walking quietly into Remus' room.

She carefully nudged the door open, peeking her head around. "Hi." She smiled at Remus when she saw that he was awake.

"Hi," He responded. "What are you doing?"

"I came to check on you," She told him truthfully. "So...how are you feeling?"

Remus laughed lightly. "Maybe like my bones were broken and restructured twice."

"Okay Mr Sarcasm, you're obviously feeling fine." She grinned, moving to sit on the side of the vacant side of the bed. "Anything uncomfortable?"

Remus shook his head.

"Okay," She smiled. "I'll come back and check on you in a few hours." Aurora started to move, lifting herself off of the bed, but a hand clasped around her wrist.

"Stay." Remus said quietly, like he was afraid of her leaving.

Aurora lowered herself back on the bed, but positioning herself so her head leaned back against the headboard.

"Did you know that a snail can sleep for up to three years at a time?" She told him.

"Did you just try to entertain me with a 'fun fact'?" Remus laughed.

"I don't see you making an effort to start a conversation."

"Anything would have been better." He told her, so, she tried again.

"Where does a werewolf get a new tail?" Aurora asked, looking at Remus with a serious expression on her face.

"I don't know, where do werewolves get a new tail?" He humoured her.

"At the re-tail store." She grinned, laughing silently at how bad her joke was.

Remus smiled at her, joining in with her quiet laughter.

AN:
dear god help me please it is only monday and im already like the walking dead.

did i re-read this? no so sorry if there are any spelling mistakes :)

are there any chapters that you guys would want to see in remus' pov??