Chapter 23- The Big Brother She Needs You to Be

Start from the beginning

"Laxus, you've been neglecting May," Freed answered, crossing his arms.

I widened my eyes, but before I could question them, they continued.

"Your training, your disappearing, Don't you realize how this has been affecting her?" Ever accused.

"Your never around," Bickslow finishes sadly.

"I come back to the guild," I defended.

"She got to know you for like a month, and then you go and disappear on her for six months!" Ever argued.

"Gajeel and you are the two people she's closest to and both of you have just disappeared on her," Bickslow agreed.

"She's lonely Laxus," Freed muttered.

"She has you guys," I defended.

"We're not her brother," Ever muttered, crossing her arms.

"Yesterday she fell apart in tears because she thought you were mad at her since you've been so distant from her," Freed explained.

"What? I-I don't want that. I just wanted to protect her," I muttered in shock.

"She misses you Laxus. She misses her older brother, and you need to be there for her," Freed explained.

"It's been too hard on her Laxus. She's still a kid," Bickslow defended.

"She barely smiles anymore," Ever saddened.

"But I can't just not train. I have to get stronger, ...for her," I argued, not knowing what to do.

"Then if you have to train, take her with you," Ever argued.

"I can't do that," I argued back.

"Why not? The kids more than proven she's strong. She can handle whatever training you're doing, and it might even help her to improve," Bickslow defended.

"And this way she won't be left here alone again," Freed agreed.

I sighed, "Alright. Where is she?"

***May's p.o.v***

I walked back into the guild with the Trimens, arms full of groceries from our trip.

"May, could you put those away in the kitchen?" Hibiki asked.

I nodded.

I headed over to the kitchen but stopped as something blocked my way. Well, more like someone.

Looking up, I noticed...

"Laxus," I smiled, but my smile faltered, remembering he might be mad at me.

"Hey May, need some help?" Laxus asked.

I was about to nod yes, but then I shook my head. "No, I got it," I stated confidently.

I wanted to prove I could do it on my own. I wanted to prove myself to him.

Not being able to see clearly where I was going however, I almost ran into the wall, but Laxus grabbed me and stopped me right before that could've happened.

Looking down at me in concern, I sighed giving in. "Maybe I could use a little help," I sighed.

Laxus nodded as he grabbed a couple bags from my arms, carrying them into the kitchen.

I stood on the stool and started to unpack the groceries as Laxus helped out.

Noticing Laxus staring at the cans in his hands, I turned to him. "Those go up there," I pointed, thinking he didn't know where they went.

"May," Laxus said suddenly, making me stop what I was doing to look at him.

"I'm leaving for training again tomorrow," Laxus spoke.

"Oh," I saddened.

"And I want to take you with me," Laxus finished, looking at me expectantly.

I widened my eyes.

"So, do you want to come with me?" Laxus asked, a hopeful look in his dark gray eyes.

I smiled, lighting up, "Yes!"

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I know some of you are probably wondering if I have a plot for the rest of this story and don't worry I do. I've got a lot planned for this story, so stay tuned for that. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Enjoy your day everyday!!!!