xxiii. gave me no compasses (gave me no signs)

Start from the beginning

"Now come on. Let me cut your hair."

Sirius stared at her, as if willing her to back down, but after a minute or so he relented. "Fine," He sighed. "But I will tear out random pages of your books and burn them if it looks bad." He warned.

"That's so mean!" She complained. "Why would you do something like that?" She followed Sirius through to the kitchen, leaving behind Remus and Regulus who were too busy laughing on the sofa.

Whilst Sirius looked for the scissors, Aurora brought one of the chairs out from under the dining table. "Have you ever cut someone's hair before?" Sirius asked skeptically.

"I used to cut my split ends during school all the time. And my hair remained perfect." She told him.

Feeling better about this now, Sirius sat in the chair in front of her, squeezing his eyes shut.

Remus and Regulus had joined them in the kitchen by the time she had cut the first strand of hair. It only took 10 minutes, and Sirius' hair looked great—in her completely non-biased opinion.

"Your hair," Was the first thing Lois said when she saw as she came home from work. "It's...different."

"Yeah...Aurora cut it." He said nervously.

"I like it." Lois smiled and ran her hand through her husband's freshly cut hair.

"You do?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, I really do." Lois grinned.

James' reaction was slightly more different.

He stood in the entrance of the kitchen, mouth hanging open. "Where is the rest of your hair?" He demanded, whilst Lily nudged her husband aside and said "Nice hair, Black. Now leave my kitchen so I can cook in peace." Lily shooed them away, but Aurora hovered behind.

"I can cook tonight," She offered. "You must be tired."

"You wouldn't mind?" Lily asked, looking relieved.

"Not at all. Now leave my kitchen so I can cook in peace." She parroted Lily's words to her, smiling.

"Thank you Aurora." Lily left and Aurora started getting the ingredients out.

Later that night, around 3 in the morning, Aurora went downstairs to grab a drink. She hadn't gone to sleep yet, just trying to finish a drawing.

She was halfway down the stairs when she realised that a light was already on. Cautiously, she walked into the living room where the light was coming from, and saw Remus sitting on one of the sofas, reading Pride and Prejudice.

"Can't sleep?" She asked him, pulling him out of his concentration on the book.

"No." Aurora walked over to him and sat down, forgetting her drink.

"Is it the moon?" Her voice was softer as she took in the unsettled look on Remus' face.

"How do you know?" He asked quietly.

"Remus," She laughed softly. "I can look out my window and see it." She actually had a chart in her room about when the full moons were for that year, but he didn't need to know that.

Aurora looked at the boy sat next to her. "What is it?" She nudged his leg with her foot lightly.

"Have you been avoiding me?" His amber eyes were searching hers, filled with hurt, making her heart clench.

"No," She lied. "I've been drawing." Technically it wasn't a lie, as she had been drawing, but she only drew to avoid him. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Can you...," Remus turned away, the tips of his ears going red. "Can you read to me?" He asked, voice quieter than it had been before; more vulnerable.

"Of course," Aurora nodded, a soft smile on her face as she took the book from him. She started reading the book out loud to him, not realising when Remus' head rested gently on hers, or when she moved closer to him so that she was practically leaning against him, not noticing how his arm snaked around her waist, pulling her closer.

By the time she had finished another chapter, Remus had fallen asleep—the sound of his breath being the only noise that could be heard throughout the room.

Aurora glanced up at the boy. He looked much younger when he slept, more innocent, unburdened. She reached out a hand, gently brushing back some of the hair that had fallen into his eyes.

Feeling her own tiredness overwhelming her, she placed the book on to the coffee table and closed the small distance between her and Remus, resting her head on his chest, drifting to sleep.

AN:
*aurora and remus doing anything together*
me:

AN:*aurora and remus doing anything together*me:

i much prefer ben barnes with short hair :0

fuck, marry, kill: remus, regulus, sirius. what do you pick??