𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 24

he wears the smell of blood and death like perfume 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, December 19 1942, 9:00 pm

Freyja and Bella were walking around the castle, making small talk. The night was cold, considering it was almost Christmas. The wind was whipping in the trees, making them sound like an old rocking chair. The ground outside was painted white due the heavy snow.

"You haven't talked with Tom in a while. He seems upset."

"How do you know that he is upset? I don't think he told you anything"

"Well, no he didn't. But it is easy to understand someone's emotions. Even when you think they have none. What happened between the two of you?'

"I just don't want people like him in my life."

"No one does" Bella said yawing.

"I think we should go back in the common room. It is getting late"

"before we go, I want to tell you something that I didn't had the courage to tell you"

Freyja stopped walking and glanced at her friend worried.

"You were right"

"I'm always right. About what?"

"About Tom. And his 'after school club' or whatever he wants to call it. It is more messed up than I thought. But now I cannot get out because..."

"because you have the mark in your forearm."

"Yes!" Bella cried. She looked at the selling, trying to prevent the tears from spilling, but it was already too late. "Every time he wants something, he calls us with this thing and it makes my arm burn. I decided to join because of my sister but I don't think I can do it anymore!"

Freyja thought it would be best for her if she stayed silent. The things she wanted to say would only made it worse. Freyja didn't have the bravery to tell her friend that she wanted to be like Tom or that she agreed with what Tom did. She knew that it wasn't right or good, but who gets to decide what's good and what's bad. We all know Tom. His hunger for power wouldn't let him do anything less.

"This is messed up!"

"I think you should go to sleep, Bella"

"but that's what I do every day! I go to bed, hoping that I would wake up and realize it was all a bad dream!" Freyja didn't know what to do to calm her down, so she did what every one else did. She hugged her. Bella quickly wrapped her arms around her, sobbing on her shoulder.

"Let's go to the dorm, Bella. Shall we?" All Freyja got for an answer was a quiet murmur.

A few hours later...

Freyja was siting in the armchair across the fireplace, reading her book, when she heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Hello Eva"

"Shit!" Eva whispered under her breath "Um, Freyja, hi. I didn't know you were awake."

"Didn't you see the empty bed next to you"

"I thought you were in the bathroom"

"Where are you going?"

"I... um... I... we, actually, have a meeting."