𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 16

"Us" I like the sound of that....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/9/1943

        Tom has released the basilisk two days ago. The first student was petrified few hours ago. It was matter of time until they found him.

        It was after dinner when the students were going back to their dormitories when the body have been discovered. Freyja was standing next to Tom in the hallway along with everyone looking at the petrified student. They both tried to seemed concerned. Freyja's hand was covering her mouth. If anyone saw her, they would suspect it was because of the shook but she knew she was trying to hide her smile. Her eyes travelled on the wall in front of her. A phrase drawn with blood was written in it.

"Enemies of the heir, beware" She whispered and then glanced suspiciously at her friend  "Tom, what is that?" she crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the floor rapidly.

"That, my darling, is my personal decorative to the place.I would say that it makes the room look better. Don't you agree?" A small smile was created on his face. His eyes lit up in the scene in front of him.

       The nurse carried the student to the hospital wing. The professors were trying to calm the students down. Friends of the kid were crying in the thought of losing their mate. Professor Dippet was trying to think of something wise to do. Children were panicking. Professor Dumbledore was trying to understand what the message in the wall ment.

"Very..." Freyja and Tom sat in the back, smiling in front of their creation.

12/9/1943

      The next morning was chaotic. Parents were mailing the teachers, threatening to take their students back home, if the don't do something soon.

       Almost every student was scared for their life. Except three.  Malfoy knew what was going on. For his own good, he didn't said anything.

        The sixth class was currently at Dumbledore's class. Everyone was trying to learn what they could about the heir. Dumbledore, on the other hand, wasn't saying anything. He knew that the heir of Slytherin was in the school and that the chamber of secrets have been opened but he didn't want to terrify the students.

       In Freyja's point of view, what Dumbledore did, wasn't because he didn't want the students to be scared. He probably didn't knew what to do to stop him or her.

       In Tom's , Dumbledore was an idiot.

       Freyja raised her hand to speak. After the professor gave her permission, she said:" Do you know who or what did it? "

Dumbledore exhaled "Not yet, miss O'Lone. But we will soon "

"Is it the chamber of secrets, professor? " A random Hufflepuff student yelled and everyone suddenly stopped talking  "I heard headmaster talk about it this morning, on my way to breakfast. "

"Who is that heir the message was referring to? " A Gryffindor boy asked

"Are we talking about the heir of Slytherin? "  A Ravenclaw girl questioned

"What is the chamber of secrets? "

"Who is the heir? "

"Who are the enemies he is talking about? "

  The class filled with voices.

"Enough! " Dumbledore screamed, making everyone shut their mouths. "Yes. The chamber of secrets have been opened"   Everyone gasped.

"What is the chamber of secrets, professor? "

" The chamber of secrets ... "  Professor Dumbledore started speaking . He thought it was wise to inform the kids about it.  " Thousands years ago, Hogwarts was created by four of the greatest wizards and witches. Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin.

   Three of the founders were coexisting harmoniously. One did not. Salazar Slytherin wanted to be more selective towards the students attending to Hogwarts.

     He believed magical learning should be kept within magical families. In other words, pure bloods. "   He made a pause. Muggle born students looked at each other concerned.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school.  There is a legend saying that Salazar Slytherin, before he left, had built a hidden chamber, somewhere within the castle. The chamber of secrets. Of course, he sealed it before he left.

    The legend also says that only the true heir would be able to open it and release the monster that is laying within the chamber. "

      Freyja turned and looked at Tom. He did the same.

"I hope I answered all your questions. Now let's go on with the lesson. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~

      After the class, Freyja wanted to speak to Dumbledore. She wanted to make him believe what they wanted him to believe....

    Tom packed his things and waited for Freyja, unaware of their plan.

"Go without me. I'll find you later" He looked at her questioning. She winked at him and he nodded. Like he understood what she wanted to do.

       Once the classroom was empty, Freyja found the perfect chance.

"Professor" Freyja got up and moved towards him "May I ask you something? "

"Of course, miss O'Lone"

"You don't actually believe that the chamber of secrets has been opened? I mean, we do not even know it exists. No one has found it. What if it is just a legend? " 

      Dumbledore was listening to her patiently.

"What if it is just a creature? And the owner of it just plays with us? "

"Are you scared, miss O'Lone?"  Dumbledore tried to read her mind. Enter her thoughts. But it was hard for even the wiser wizard of all times. Her mother had trained her very well. Even when he entered her mind, he didn't managed to learn anything. Her thoughts were hidden well into her mind. He saw only what she wanted him to see.

"You are a great witch, Freyja. The greatest of your age. I still do not know why you are not in Ravenclaw. "

"I believe that the shorting hat chose our houses by the traits we value the most. Like you said, I would be in Ravenclaw, but I was raised to value ambition and be always, simply, the best. That's the reason I am a Slytherin. That's what I like to believe"

"But you didn't answer my question, miss O'Lone. Are you scared? "

"Well" she raised her eyebrows "I am, indeed" She was a pathological liar. It was so easy for her to lie.

"Well, I don't know who or what did it and it is very soon to know just yet, but I can tell you that we will not let other students get hurt "

We'll see about that...

" There is a specific student that I have in mind, but I do not want to make accusations without enough evidence "

"That would be very wise of you. Go to your next class, Freyja. It was nice we talked"

      Freyja nodded her head and left the classroom. Making Dumbledore trust her... She considered this as a small victory.

      Dumbledore was thinking what Freyja said. What if the girl was right? What if the chamber was a legend? Freyja was a perfect student, she was kind, friendly, never talked back, always smiling and helping the others. She was ruining the Slytherin stereotype. It has hard not to trust her. That's what made Dumbledore afraid that she might be right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~