Fresh Air

Ashley's POV~

I sit by the garden, the cool wind blowing against me, giving me a relaxing feeling from head to toe. I relax in the cool wind with my eyes closed while Theresa sits right next to me keeping watch over me.

My worries immediately came back to my thoughts so my eyes were open again and I began putting my hand on my stomach. I feel nothing more than regret right now..

"Still worrying?" Terry ask, realizing it.
"Yea..I can't help feeling like this. If only I just let it pass..or made Brad use protection even-"
"Ashley, I understand how you feel but  beating yourself up for it is never going to make you feel better. Trust me I know but it won't solve anything."

Shortly after my phone starts ringing, I check it and see it was Brad calling so I let the phone ring out.

"I can talk to him if you want," Terry proposes and I shake my head to her.
"I will do it, I'm just not ready yet...to face him or tell him. It's okay though, the holidays are coming up so..I'll pick up every courage I have to tell him by then. In the end he has to know." Saying that, I immediately thought of Kate.

I turn to Theresa. "Actually, I have someone else to tell before I tell him. Can you do me a favor on this one Theresa?"
"Whatever you need Ashley."
"I have a friend, her name is Kate and I'm planning to tell her before I tell Brad. She..warned me about this too."
"I understand. I'm right by your side through every step of this, I can promise that."
"We barely even know each other and how much you've done for me Terry..thank you so so so much. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't..." I say getting teary-eyed and about to cry again before she pulls me in her heartwarming hug.

"It's my duty not just as an university rep, but as everyone's friend. You need a helping hand, I'm always there to have your back," she says as I sniffle and give her a tight hug.

_______________Time Skip______________

I wait a good while with Theresa right by me; minutes after the door was being knocked while Kate's voice call for me and I told her to come in. She comes in closing the door behind her, she has her work clothes on.

"I was about to leave work when you called so I made my way over. Oh hello there, new friend?" She ask waving at Theresa and Theresa humbly waves back and replies to her.
"Yes, I've only met her today though. I'm keeping her company for the rest of the day. Theresa, the university representative but you can call me Terry. Nice to meet you."
"Kate or Kaitlyn, and nice to meet you too uni rep. I never know Ashley would be that fortunate to be friends with a title like that," Kate says jokingly and I nervously smile shaking my head.
"I don't think of myself that big of a title just so I can be everyone's friend."
"Nicee. I'm impressed. I like you Ms. Theresa."
"Aw I'm blushingg. Just doing what is right Ms. Kate."
"It's Mrs. Kate dear," she says with a smile.
"No way you're married? congratulations!! Your husband is so lucky and blessed having you as his bride," their chatter go on and I let out a sigh which made them stop.

Kate sits by me holding my hands. "You clearly called me over because you have something to get off your chest so go ahead."
"K-Kate...you warned me along with Veronica and I was too careless...I'm...i'm pregnant Kate...I'm pregnant...I'm having a baby and I don't know what to do..."

Kate looks at me with a frown on her face; she didn't know what to say. My eyes then look down as I feel nothing but ashamed..

"You're what...?"