Who's The Real Bad Guy?

"Derek? Explain."
"I'm suggesting we visit Derek and question him abou-"
"No," Vero says bluntly.
"About his rela-"
"No."
"About his relationship wi-"
"No! Fuck no!"
"Veroo."
"Nay! Count me the fuck out."
"Listen I know he was a dick then-"
"Was??"
"Look my point is, he was with Madison so it's gotta be something that we don't know. Maybe Derek turned her into this type of person, or maybe she was always like this and made Derek into who he is now. We really don't know who the real bad guy is."
"I know that answer. Derek is a bad guy for one fucking with you behind my back and manipulating me. Madison hmmm ohh! A bad guy because she stabbed me in the back and drove Haley to suicide!!!"
"Shhhshsh I know I know. But the time we do confront Madison we're gonna need all the info we can get to dish out at her. And at that we can report her after she retaliates."
"Luck your plan sounds so asinine."
"Vero."
"Alright look, do what you think is right but no way I'm joining you on visiting Derek."
"Don't you want to say more of those drop the soap jokes for him?" I ask jokingly.
"This is serious Ashley. I don't like Derek, I hate that son of a bitch for how much pain he caused on me and you..."
"I'm sure Vero but..it doesn't hurt to forgive him. Okay?"
She stops talking looking in a different direction.
"Okay okay. Starting tomorrow morning, I'll go alone okay? And I'll tell you every info I get."
"What makes you so sure he won't even lie to you...as he always does?"
"I will be able to tell if he is don't worry."

I give Vero a big passionate hug and she hugs me back. "Careful okay?"
"I will."

The Next Day

I went to the Arizona Prison and requested to visit Derek Anderson. They let me waited about 20 minutes before I could actually see him. When I do see him, he doesn't even look like Derek, he's almost have the resemblance of a homeless guy. I sit when he sits and I begin talking to him.

"H-Hey Derek. Never thought I'd come seeing you again."
"Hey Ashley. You miss me didn't you?"
"Heh. Whenever that day comes when I actually miss Derek Anderson."
The smile he had on his face fades after my response. "Why are you here?"
"Well..kind of weird to say this but, I want some info. On Madison."
"Madison? Haha come on stop with the jokes already Ashley. You and Veronica literally hated me for her being hurt."
"Listen! We know she's a back stabbing bitch!!" I look around then lower my voice. "We've seen who she truly is, she's not a nice person so if we know this I'm guessing that you knew too."
He made a pause and then speaks. "Yea...I knew."
"Derek please..I want to know how exactly your relationship with her was like. I want to know the true bad guy between you two."

Derek looks at me in a concerned way. "Did...Did she do anything? What did she do?"
"...Have you seen the news about the suicide at an University?"
"Yea...that was Haley..."
I nod. "Madison set up all of that to happen...and I can't let her live on unpunished. The authorities gotta know about her and catch her."
"To think...she'd go that far...Madison has been a toxic girl which I admired...but I didn't know she was this toxic...Me and Madison were a thing before I even met you and Veronica. But at that time she would just leave and come back...leave and come back..cheat on me and use me....I thought at that point it was the right way to deal with a relationship...so I started doing that to her..but she didn't like that..."