He closes the door behind him and sits in the chair placed in front of my desk. His hands looked awfully clammy as he sat and held the box.

"Are you alright Terrell?"

"Y-yea, I'm fine. I just wanted to give you something."

He hands me the box and I smile as he gives it to me.

Trying to ease his worry, I giggle and shake the box saying, "You know I like giftsss."

Terrell lets out a small chuckle. "Well I hope you like it."

Unwrapping the box paper, I open the box revealing a necklace. Reading what the necklace says, I catch my breath trying not to cry.

 Reading what the necklace says, I catch my breath trying not to cry

"I know it's Mother's Day and...I just wanted to give you this to let you know I will never forget our daughter Kamaria..."

A lump grows in my throat, stopping me from saying anything.

Terrell comes up behind me and places the necklace around my neck.

Biting down on my lower lip, I attempt to not cry but it failed as I looked up at Terrell to see the pain in his eyes.

I hold the necklace and look away from him as tears begin to escape my eyes.

He takes his thumb and holds my cheek wiping away my tears. We stood in the office staring at each other in silence for what seemed to be like forever, but his eyes glanced at my lips which made me break the stare.

Terrell clears his throat and steps away from me. "Um, well, I have to get back to work. I'm glad you like your gift."

"I love it actually, thank you."

Before he leaves, Terrell takes my hand softly and embraces me in a hug; holding me so close, I could feel his heartbeat

The rest of my shift, all I could do was hold my necklace in my hand. It really showed that even when I didn't think he did, he still cared about our child.

Later

"Micah I'm back from work. Where are you?"

"Hey, Raine and I are just in the laundry room washing some laundry."

I walk in the laundry room to see Micah folding laundry while Raine was sitting on top of the washing machine.

"How was your day baby?"

Nodding, I reply, "It was decent. Got some things done."

"That's great baby."

Raine chimes in and asks Micah, "Cuzzo, can you go upstairs and find me my headphones? I think they are in the bathroom."

"Why can't you go look for them yourself?"

"Nigga just go find my headphones."

"Fineee."

Micah goes up the stairs leaving Raine and I by ourselves. She looks at me uncomfortably until she whispers, "Now Kamaria, you know I love you like you're my own cousin so I'm going to tell you the truth."

"Um okay...where is this going?"

Sighing, Raine gets down from the washing machine and looks me directly in my eyes. "I get some really bad energy from your ex husband Terrell."

"What are you even talking about?"

"I'm talking about your aura Kamaria. It took over as soon as you came in the room. Auras like greed, death, and lust are all over you right now."

I thought her aunt was crazy with the aura thing but she's at a totally different level with it right now.

"Raine, I am perfectly fine and you don't even know Terrell that well!"

She crosses her arms as her face hardened with distress. "He hugged you today didn't he?"

It has to be a coincidence that she knows that...

"Yes, but that doesn't prove anything you're saying."

"That's why those auras are all ov-"

Before she could finish, Micah comes back down stairs with Raine's headphones. "Here you go. What were you guys talking about down here?"

"Thanks for finding them and we're just doing some girl chatting." She looks me dead in my eyes with a wave of agitation and states, "I was just telling Kamaria that the song Watch Your Step by Anita Baker is my jam."

I cross my arms and send those same feelings right back. "And I was telling Raine one of my favorite songs is Mind ya Business by 21 Savage."

Micah chimes in saying, "Hmm, I didn't know you liked that song baby."

Raine picks up her purse and tells us, "Well I'm about to go home. Y'all have a good night."

Before we could say anything, Raine scurries out quickly and leaves. Micah glances over at me with a puzzled look. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it baby."

He nods and wraps his arms around my waist, rocking us back and forth making me blush. "Well, I'm glad you had a good day today."

"I'm glad I did to baby. I'm glad I did to..."