29 - foreign letters pt 3

" it was someone i bonded with twice, through our small acquaintance in class and also through our intimately emotional letters that i read when i felt sleep deprived. "

info
- nate x reader
- 1st person
- y/n's and nate's perspective
- nate is your secret admirer and you're bilingual. when he realizes this, he takes the other language that you're fluent in as an elective in school in order to write love letters to you in a different language
- y/o/l - your other language
- y/n/n - your nickname
- whatever is written in a letter is in italics. there will usually be an indication of someone reading a letter
- continuation of pt 2

dearest y/n,

it's been a pleasure knowing that you're interested in writing back. i might as well answer your questions for you then, yes?

1. that i won't answer. however, i will say my mind is fuzzy. i'm not very fluent in y/o/l so i'm using a translator for somethings i forget. but at least i know you understand what i'm saying. thank you :)
2. male
3. any italian dishes
4. i like history. i'd like to get better at english or math though
5. that's an interesting question. i definitely want to travel somewhere in europe. most likely paris or belgium

how about you? i think we're on to a game of 20 questions ;)

- anonymous

y/n's pov

i remembered the first letter he'd sent back to me after my first reply like it was yesterday. now, nearly a month has passed by, and we've been communicating through letters everyday. every morning, i always look forward to my admirer's letters as we got to know more about each other, exchanging playful banter and flirtatious comments every once in a while. we even exchanged some embarrassing childhood memories and bought each other our favorite snacks.

he left me some of my favorite candies within my envelope while i did the same with his. i took notice of how every week and a half or less, his y/o/l grammar mechanics started to improve, and it looked more and more like he wasn't using a translator and he was actually remembering how to write better. his words started to become more intricate, and he started incapsulating some y/o/l slang within his sentences, making me laugh a bit as i read them.

the letters were really interesting. the more i read them and the more we wrote to each other, the longer our letters got as we pretty much vented to one another about random things, having full blown, steady conversations between paper. it shocked me quite a bit the more i thought about it. i was having conversations with an unknown person, who knows who i am, through the old-fashioned way: pen and paper.

it raises the question of who they are, but not only that. what would happen if he stopped writing? why did he choose pen and paper in the first place to be discreet? couldn't he just have given me his number at the first letter? did he tell anyone about what he was doing? those thoughts clouded my overthinking brain, but i decided to look on the optimistic side of things and let the mystery shroud in itself, letting my relationship with a completely unidentified person walking around these hallways blossom, knowing that i'd have a somewhat cute story to tell when i'm older about "the secret admirer who talked through letters and especially wrote in y/o/l." will i ever find out who he is?

i pushed my thoughts aside as i stood at my locker, carefully opening it to see the expected envelope, the usual for: y/n, from: anonymous written on the front, standing against the locker door, balanced deep against the slit of the makeshift delivery area that is part of my locker door. i smiled to myself as i eagerly took the envelope in my hands and felt some rough bumps against the edge of it, knowing well that there's candy inside of it.

25 to life // euphoria one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara