25 - like me pt 1

" You deserve everything good in the world

" You deserve everything good in the world. And someone who's gonna treat you good.. like me. "

info
- ethan x fem reader
- 3rd person
- a scenario where your boyfriend breaks up with you on prom night so you go to your friend ethan and he's there to comfort you
- some fluff

"I just- I don't know why he did it.." You continued to vent, pouring your feelings out and feeling vulnerable. You anxiously paced around the room, the slight click of your heels against the floor being the only sound besides people breathing while the skirt of your prom dress flowed with every twist, turn, and swaying of your feet's movements.

"Yeah. This is terrible." Ethan had his arms crossed while he was also standing up, leaning his back against his bedroom wall, watching your distressed figure while his eyebrows were furrowed and he mentally cursed at your now-ex boyfriend.

The sticky blend of mascara and eyeshadow continued to run down your face as you took a pause to let all your feelings sink in. Putting your hands over your eyes, you finally decided to sit down on Ethan's bed, sobbing.

Ethan kept his eyes on you like a hawk, a worried expression lacing his face. He made his way over to you and sat next to you on the bed, bringing your face away from your hands and burying your head into the crook of his neck. He placed a hand on your back to hold you, gently rubbing circles on your dress [or your back if you're wearing a backless dress] as you continued to sob into him. You hated being vulnerable at a time like this but you didn't know what else to do.

"It's okay. Take your time." You heard Ethan's voice on the side of your head say as he continued to hold you, feeling his hand on your back eventually trailing up to run his fingers through your hair and his other arm wrapped around underneath your legs, almost bridal style, to readjust your figure, settling your body close to his while your legs were over his lap.

You wouldn't admit it right then and there but you felt you really comfortable within his arms despite the dispute that you've been dealing with, your body pressed up against his being a comfort you didn't know you needed.

Ethan sighed as he played with your hair and looked down at you to see the side of your face. Despite your mascara and runny makeup still staining your cheeks with tears escaping from your eyes, Ethan still found you completely beautiful. He thought him sitting there with messy hair, a hoodie, and sweatpants was a funny contradiction to your ready formality with a dress and heels on. He still continued to linger on the thought of how gorgeous you look.

He sighed, moving his hand out of your hair as your sobs began to get quieter, putting his hand on your upper arm. "You deserve to be treated better than this." He admitted. You sniffled and slightly pulled away from him. "I know. I don't know why I settle for less. I feel like I've always been backed into a corner to the point where I let bad things happen and I hate myself for it."

Upon hearing you say that, Ethan felt himself soften. He sighed once again. "Let me take care of you." He got up from sitting on the bed to kneeling in front of you on the floor, gently lifting the end of your legs up and starting to undo the straps holding your shoes to your feet, unfastening the adjustments and taking your heels off for you.

You felt yourself smile at this gesture, feeling a bit giddy inside. "You treat me so good." You whispered your thoughts aloud. Ethan looked up at you with glistening eyes, admiring the little smile playing your lips. "Of course, Y/n. You deserve everything good in the world. And someone who's gonna treat you good.. like me."

He started to slowly unfold his feelings, trying to reach out to you, subconsciously calling for you to stay in his arms for longer. You felt yourself smile even wider and begin to have tears pricking your eyes again, but it was tears of happiness this time, your heart slightly racing while the smile still stayed as you continued staring into his eyes, seeing an abundance of generosity and meaningfulness within his words and his face. "Thank you." you breathlessly exclaimed, leaning forward and wrapping your arms around his neck tightly to give him a hug while he didn't hesitate at the chance to wrap his arms around your waist.

While still holding you close to his chest, he readjusted himself from kneeling back on his bed, sitting next to you and holding you once more before speaking, "There's no need to thank me. Just let me take care of you." Ethan began to repeat again, gently pulling away to make you look into his eyes again. His heart raced as he continued to admire you, deciding to let everything out onto the metaphorical table. "Look, I really like you, Y/n. I like you a lot. I understand if you don't like me back but please let me just protect you from shit like this happening because I hate seeing you like this. All I want is to just take care of you and see you happy-" before Ethan could finish, you pulled him into a soft kiss to shut him up, feeling a rush of adrenaline and impatience.

You felt his hands grip a bit more on your waist to pull you closer and make the kiss last longer before pulling away. Both of you had undeniable, cheeky smiles on your faces, cheeks laced with blush although hard to see in the fairly lit room. "Does that give you a good answer?" You asked. "I'm gonna take that as a sign." He replied, making the two of you laugh a bit.

You two lingered on each other, still admiring one another. You've never seen Ethan become such a soft person and you never knew that he had a soft spot for you up until now. As he continued to stare at your figure, he thought about how to make you happy and distract yourself from the stress for a while.

"Do you wanna go on a trip to [insert the name of a convenience store here] with me?" He offered. You flashed him a wide grin before nodding. "Yes, please." You accepted.

a/n: aha gonna be posting 2 chapters a day per however many chapters i've written so far :)
image credits: https://pin.it/3MVw7AW
[word count]: 1123