27 - foreign letters pt 1

" for: y/nplease read this whenever you can :) "

" for: y/n
please read this whenever you can :) "

info
- nate x reader
- 1st person
- y/n's and nate's perspectives
- nate is your secret admirer and you're bilingual. when he realizes this, he takes the other language that you're fluent in as an elective in school in order to write love letters to you in a different language
- y/o/l - your other language
- whatever is written in a letter is in italics. there will usually be an indication of someone reading a letter

y/n's pov

i took my earbuds out of my ears as the school building came into view. nearing the doors, i shoved my phone and earbuds into my bag, my uniform's tie slightly swaying against my chest as i turned swiftly and headed down the hall towards my locker.

i sighed with slight disappointment, tiredness hitting me once again as i entered the combo for my locker and opened it. here i am, yet again in school, and feeling sleep deprived. what else is new?

as i opened my locker, i felt something drop at my feet. looking down, my eyes locked on a white envelope on the floor next to my shoes. i looked around awkwardly, witnessing the crowds of students passing by becoming progressively clustered as people kept arriving in the building.

i leaned down and picked up the envelope, turning it over to see who it was from. who the heck would slip an envelope in my locker? what was even inside of it? when i read over the front of the envelope, i recognized that it was in a different language. y/o/l. i felt the expression on my face contort into confusion yet curiosity as i subconsciously read, understood, and translated what it said in english easily.

for: y/n
please read this whenever you can :)

i kept reading those simple words ending with a little smiley face over and over again in my head. it's in y/o/l. who else in this school knows how to write in y/o/l? i didn't know anyone else who was fluent in that language in any of my classes. my curiosity peaked as i began paying more attention to the neat handwriting, not recognizing it, not knowing anyone whose hands had a penmanship like that.

i was taken out of my trance of curiosity as the influx of noises polluted the hallways. the level of loudness reached its normal peak with the audible footsteps of crowds of friend groups sticking close together both walking on the lined floors and up and down stairwells, people talking loudly, laughing, folders and textbooks clasping and rubbing against other school supplies in people's arms, locker doors closing at certain intervals in a pattern like a slow trail of dominoes tipping down on each other and causing a chain effect of falling down.

i looked around once more, trying to grip a sense of reality, for some reason thinking i could find the person who gave me this envelope with my name on it through the waves of people wearing the same school uniforms, walking by at different paces to their classes. i bit my lip as i glanced back at the envelope once again, and then decided to keep the envelope in my locker. i'll look at it later.