11 - let's get out of here pt 1

" it was hard to clear my head in a whole migraine-inducing space like this and i couldn't just stay here for the whole night being bummed out. "

info
- filler chapter
- 1st person
- y/n's pov
- y/f/n - your friend's name (btw you have multiple friends so yea)
- tw: mention of drug and alcohol usage and sexual activity (not smut. just a small, metaphoric mention of it)

"ready to go?" y/f/n called out from the hallway, eventually appearing at the door of my room. i quickly touched up my vibrant, glitter-filled makeup—a staple for looking good at clubs and parties—before turning my attention towards the figure standing at my door. "of course bitch!" i matched the excitement and enthusiasm of y/f/n, cheering with them while standing up and walking towards them.

i made sure i had my phone with me before getting dragged out the door by my friends to a high school party. east highlands always had those cliche parties with drugs, alcohol, sweaty teenagers, blaring music, and bright lights. it was guaranteed a fun rave but this night was different. it was the night of the biggest garage party at some guy's mansion further in towards the edge of the city with party games and all. people from other schools even went there to gamble and get girls. it was definitely a night to black out to.

____

usually, i'm pretty ecstatic for parties and have a good time hanging out with people. however, and i don't know why, i didn't feel that gushy, fun, rebellious feeling i always had whenever i went to parties in east highlands at the moment. my head felt kind of hazy as i took a step and stood up out of my friend's car, finally laying my eyes on the said mansion. the rumors weren't kidding when they said this was the biggest party.

"hey y/n! you coming or not?" y/f/n made me get out of my haze. i didn't realize i was staring at the mansion and crowds piling inside. i turned to my friend and nodded as i followed our group. an anxious feeling was brought upon my stomach, almost like a knot. i watched the crowds of people walking by, virtually screaming at each other. thick flashes of different color lights occasionally peaked through some of the windows of the mansion, following the beat of the music and illuminating the life of a hard rave going on inside.

upon entering the doorway, i was met with the familiar scent of alcohol, smoke, and a tinge of perfume and cologne. later on, i knew this scent would change to one of thick, sticky makeup and stronger alcohol. looking around, i noticed all the different places to go to within the house. to the left, there was a huge, granite stairway leading up to hallways on the second floor, to the right there were some more cramped hallways and lounges with sofas laying around, and right in front of me was a spacious den where crowds of people were grinding against each other with solo cups in hand and a dj in the background. it was truly a party. just a shit ton bigger than i've ever been to. it would be a lie if i said i felt perfectly fine right now just by looking around. all the different paths of the house made me feel a bit queasy. it would be so easy to lose my friends in a big place like this.

after taking in my surroundings, a group of boys, specifically jocks i recognized from another school, greeted my friends and i as we finally squeezed inside. "hey y/f/n! i see you've brought guests too." one of the taller jocks hugged my friend. they giggled back at the tall man. "yeah of course! more people, more fun, right?" the two shared a brief exchange before we were all told where the basic stuff were like the kitchen, backyard, bedrooms, etc. i immediately went to the kitchen with my friend to find a good beer. opening the fridge, y/f/n handed me my favorite beer and we both cheered our drinks, clinking the bottles and taking a sip while leaning against the kitchen island.

"you doing okay? you haven't been talking." y/f/n asked me. "yeah i'm good. i just need to party now." i reassured her with a goofy smile plastered on my face. we both talked for a while before finding some guys to dance with.

____

as time went by, i obviously got a bit more tipsy. i was having fun throwing my back out on the dance floor and watching some of the brief challenges that went down. the first was a beer chugging contest and the next was a more sexual one. each challenge, someone won and got a stack of money.

in my head, i could tell that i wasn't as tipsy as i normally was. when you get drunk, it's a known fact that half your brain shuts down. right now, i can feel that my senses and my thoughts were blaring louder than the music. as time continued to fly, i felt hands and kisses being put on me every once in a while. besides all the basic shit, i looked around and realized that i felt almost stuck in time. i would get off the dance floor every once in a while before getting back on again with the same guy. i kept looking around and seeing heads upon heads of people jamming out and it all felt the same. there was the same dj up on the risers and the same lights shooting through the room, occasionally changing colors. right now, i'm still with a fairly okay guy, feeling his warm, alcoholic breath against my neck as he had his hands around my waist. i started to feel fuzzy, not liking what was going on around me.

i instinctively grabbed the guy's hands off of my waist and rested myself into his chest. "i'm gonna use the bathroom." i said to him in a serious tone. "oh uh al-alright." his speech was very slurred and his eyes looked almost dull but he still had a silly smile on his face, showing clear signs of being in a completely different world of oblivion and enjoyment that i wish i could be in right now. "be right back okay?" he nodded, simply letting go of me and started clapping while stumbling. i kept myself steady and made my way out of the crowd, going towards the front door. when looking to my right, i was met with the granite staircase. i hurriedly went up the stairs and traversed through the hallways carefully, opening doors and seeing some things i didn't wanna see before finding an empty bathroom.

opening the door and locking it behind me, i sat at the foot of the bathtub and tried to recollect my thoughts. overall, the booze really made time disappear. everything went by as it always does like a blur. but what i knew was that i still had some sort of sobriety in me. i obviously didn't black out yet and i don't know if i intend to anymore.

i stopped my heavy breaths before intruding my thoughts once more as my brain felt like it was fried. finally calming myself down, i stood up and walked to the sink, looking at my reflection in the mirror. my makeup wasn't too messed up but it did feel like a piece of chalk on my face per usual. as i kept looking into my reflection, i realized that i didn't know where any of my friends were. i anxiously digged into my side pocket and found my phone in it, checking for texts. i scrolled through to see the group chat updated with messages.

the party people🎈

y/f/n
holy shit y'all i found him tehe

y/f/n
congrats

y/f/n
me too bro

y/f/n
yk what? brb i'm gonna be swimming in the pool

y/f/n
aight

y/f/n
cool

y/f/n
uhhh so long stry short
gonna have a steamy session
wish me luck

y/f/n
AYYYYY GET IT NOW

reading through all the messages from four hours ago, it seems as though everyone was busy and nobody left early. i stood at the sink, at a loss of what to do now. it was hard to clear my head in a whole migraine-inducing space like this and i couldn't just stay here for the whole night being bummed out. with the sobriety i have mustered up, i decided on just walking around and hoping to find someone. but first, i didn't wanna feel this fuzzy. fixing my hair up a bit, i was on my way out the bathroom and back downstairs for drinks. once filling a solo cup with water to my dismay, i turned around only to bump into someone and almost spill my drink on them.

"i'm so sorry!" i let out a tiny gasp as i looked at their clothes for any stains and then back up at their eyes. "it's alright."

[word count]: 1552