xviii. shining just for you

Start from the beginning

"Sirius can."

"Obviously," She scoffed. "Who else?"

"I'm pretty sure Lois can, otherwise they're spending way too much time in here."

Aurora wrinkled her nose. "That's disgusting, Remus. That's my sister! Some things, I do not need to know."

"Alright," He laughed. "Sirius is trying to teach James, but he doesn't understand muggle vehicles at all, and Lily's dad used to own one, so she can as well."

Aurora nodded, showing him that she heard what he had said, as she walked closer to the bike, removing her hand from his—much to her dismay.

"How did he get it to fly?" She was curious as to what spells he had used, and how he actually managed to fit a muggle machine with magic.

"Lots of spells." He said.

Aurora spent the next few minutes looking over the bike, flipping through spells he might have used in her mind. "Benjy would flip if he saw it fly." She commented.

"And you wouldn't?" Remus asked, standing beside her now as they were walking back into the house.

"I would only pass away," Aurora grinned at him. "But you'd be too sad, so I guess I'll just have to never see it fly."

"Do you want a drink?" Aurora asked Remus, as they were back inside the kitchen.

Remus nodded, and she left him standing next to Marlene as she walked around the island to make herself coffee—she had Lily show her how to use it, because she wasn't sure how she would have functioned otherwise—and Remus some tea.

When she was finished, she walked back to Remus, handing him his mug. He quirked an eyebrow, but drank some anyway. "How did you know which teabag to use?"

"I guessed." She lied. Aurora had seen him making tea twice before, and both times he had used the same bag.

"Good guesser." Remus said, attention now focused on his drink.

"Quite." She replied, sipping at her own.

"Isn't this just a thrilling conversation," Marlene said from the other side of Remus. "Please, do go on. I'm intrigued about how you guessed his teabag."

"I'm sure you are." Aurora stated blankly.

"Did you go and see Black's motorbike?" She asked, leaning over Remus slightly.

"We did. Disappointed Remus can't ride it though,"

"I don't think Sirius would let anyone ride it when he isn't there," Marlene told her. "And good old Remus here won't get on it for a million pounds."

"I don't doubt it." Aurora snorted.

"Anyway," Remus cut in, loudly. "How's married life, Marls?"

At the mention of her wife, Marlene's face softened. "It's really great. Maybe you two will enjoy it."

Aurora wasn't sure what to say to that--Remus wasn't either. They both glanced at each other, and instantly looked away, Aurora trying to fight back the blush that was threatening to spread.

"Maybe we will." She chose to say.

Remus coughed next to her, clearing his throat. "And how's Mary?" He asked, nodding his head to the dark haired bride.

"Trying to make everything perfect. Obviously." Marlene grinned.

"Obviously," Remus echoed, a grin copying Marlene's spread on his face. "How could I ever forget?"

Aurora looked between the pair, knowing that they were referencing something, a questioning look on her face.

"Mary's a huge perfectionist, we usually have to remove her from any discussions about final plannings for any event." Marlene filled her in, as if they were gossiping.

"Good to know."

Aurora let the other two settle into a new discussion as she finished her drink, not bothering to pay attention to the world around her. After a few minutes, she decided to go upstairs, having been walking around all day, and wanting to lie down.

Back in her room, she flopped on to the bed, face down. Having a nap definitely wasn't an option, considering the coffee she had just drank, and neither was finding something to snack on, unless it was Harry's baby food.

Grumbling, Aurora sat up properly, and picked up a book from the large stack next to her bed, but found herself distracted, as she wasn't processing the words on the pages.

Irritated, she walked back down the stairs and into the living room, book in hand, where she laid on the sofa, head on the arm rest, and opened it up. 

She was only aware of how much time had passed, when Remus moved her legs on to the floor, and sat down where her legs had been.

Shooting him a glare, she raised her legs back up and into his lap. Remus looked as if he was going to move them again, but only sighed and looked at her.

Once again, Aurora found herself locked on to his eyes. They were bright amber, and part of her wondered if it was enhanced by being a werewolf. "Are there...any abilities?" She questioned if she used to correct word, but carried on when Remus didn't seem affected. "Being a werewolf gives you?" She had wanted to know since earlier, when he told her that the people in the kitchen were Lily and her friends.

"I guess, yeah." He said. Aurora poked him with her foot, wanting him to elaborate. Sighing, he continued. "I'm much stronger than I would be, obviously sense of smell and hearing is better, and...I'm not sure what else there is."

"Can you recognise people by scent?" She asked, intrigued.

"If it's one I've been around lots, then yes, or if it's more distinct than others."

"What do I smell like?"

Remus moved his eyes from her face, to his lap, trying to avoid eye contact. "You smell like," He paused, as if trying to gather his thoughts. "You smell like vanilla, and also chocolate."

He lifted his head again to look at her, and Aurora smiled. "I quite like those scents." She told him, picking her book back up.

If she had been paying attention to her book (which she definitely wasn't), she would have missed Remus agreeing, muttering under his breath. "I like them too,"

AN:

next chapter will be a Remus pov! :)