022

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

———————————
"i don't want to forget about him, v"
———————————

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

I WAKE UP TO A KNOCK ON MY DOOR. I let out a frustrated groan and yell, "yes?" The door slowly opens and revealed Riley.

"Sorry to wake you up, Vin. But Rory is sitting on the balcony and I don't think she went to sleep... like at all", Riley says with a small frown. "What do you mean?", I ask sitting up in my bed.

"I don't know I heard her making a call and then it went silent. I went to check up on her, but she said she needed time?", she says shrugging and leaning against the door frame.

A frown forms on my face and I get up out of bed. I pull a shirt over my head and grab a hoodie.

Just before I walk out Riley grabs my wrist. I turn to her and she lets go.

"What happened to her?", she asks looking concerned.

"I don't think I should tell you that", I say pressing my lips together looking down on her, "just try to ask her."

And with that I walk out of my room, on my way to the other side of the house where Rory's room was.

The house was still quiet, since everyone was exhausted from the flight. And knowing the boys they would sleep in until 12 pm. Just like I would, if Riley didn't wake me up.

But knowing something was up with Rory, I was wide awake. Even tho I know most of the stuff that happened, I still wanted to be there for her.

And knowing Rory, she was being hard on herself. Most probably overthinking it.

It's not something bad, but I hope she would let herself have something. Something good, for a change.

As I walk into her room I see her back imprinted on she glass doors of her balcony.

I walk to the glass door and tap on it lightly, not wanting to startle her.

She looks up at me and I could already tell she had been crying. A tiny bit of her make-up was still on her face, making mascara drip down her cheeks. It was already dry, but still visible.

She gives me a tight smile and looks straight ahead again.

I slowly open the door and close it. I sit next to her and look the way she was looking.

I didn't say anything, knowing she was eventually going to start talking herself. And like I thought, she did.

"Sometimes I think back about how me and Nate grew up. We uh... we did everything together", she starts, "we played sports together, played video games together, we even skateboarded together. And in school people always thought we were twins, even tho he's older than me.

We used to go to that lake, the lake where we met. We went there to just talk or in the summer we would even swim. We never told anybody, because we wanted a place for just us two."

I look at her and a small smile forms on her face. Knowing that talking about Nate made her happy, but also sad at the same time.

"...And when he was gone... everything else went too", she says looking down at her hands, "I didn't want to play baseball anymore, I didn't want to skate anymore. Just nothing... It felt like a part of me was gone.

I didn't want to feel that kind of happiness anymore, because I thought that would bring memories back. Of course it would, but I was just scared I guess.

And then months passed... I dropped out of school and was in my room 24/7. My parents? Didn't give a shit, at least until they found out", she shrugs.

"When we went to skate the other day... It was the first time in 2 years I even touched a skateboard. And seeing you guys skate and everything, it all came back."

I watch her, as a tear rolls down her cheek, dripping onto her shirt.

"I was so scared to forget about him, but eventually I actually forgot about him a little. And when we skated, it came back", she says as she sniffles.

"I don't want to forget about him, V", she says looking at me. As more tears form in her eyes and roll down, I wipe them away and leave my hand on her cheek.

"You won't. I won't let that happen, okay?", I say softly. She nods at me and I pull her into my chest. I rub her back and play with her hair a little. Quiet sobs come out of her, as her hands are around my waist.

After a while she moves away from me and looks down at her hands. I grab the hoodie I took from my room and move her head up, making her look at me.

She took the hint and I pulled the hoodie over her head. She immediately pulls at the sleeves covering her, probably cold, hands.

I move my arm around her back and she leans into me. She lays her head on my chest and puts one arm around my waist looking at the sun that has started to rise.

"Ror?", I asks looking down at her, while I twirl her now natural hair into curls that were already there. She hums quietly still looking at the view.

"How have you been sleeping?", I ask. "Not", she says almost in a whisper, "I haven't been."

"Why didn't you tell me?", I ask frowning a bit. "I didn't want to bother you, V", she says.

"You never bother me, Ror... please tell me if you can't sleep, I'll stay awake with you", I say putting my hand on her cheek making her look at me.

She bites the inside of her cheek. "You still have nightmares?", I ask. She nods and looks down at my necklace.

I hold her closer to me and kiss the top of her head. She tightens her arms around me and lets out a breath.

After that nothing was said and we just watched the sunrise.

I look down at her and watch her eyes glister in the sun light. As the sun hits her face just right, I couldn't help but smile.

Damn... she's so pretty.

.~^*•__K speaks....

Okay... I suck at uploading on this story
I'm so sorry
But here it is

I'm a bit lost on what to write further...
but I'll have to figure that out, I guess ://

I'll try to upload on time next time
bye babes <333