004

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

—————————————
"you can come with me"
—————————————

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

NOW I'M SITTING HERE NEXT TO A GIRL I JUST SHARED A BLUNT WITH. Rory. I like that name. She seems like a nice girl, but also with a big attitude.

She was wearing a grey hoodie with red joggers. Her hood was up covering her face slightly. The second she looked at me I could see her black eye that was barely visible. She looked exhausted and upset. But then also her face was blank, like every little bit of life was out of her. She seemed like she had been crying for the past few days. The bags under her eyes gave it away.

A hundred questions came to my mind. Thinking the worse, but also don't wanting to jump into conclusions. I wanted to know what happened. I wanted to know if she was 'okay'.

But I figured she was not really ready to talk about it. Or didn't want to. And hearing her talk just before she saw me, made me think she was going to do something to herself.

'I'm sorry, Nate. I couldn't do it, I'm done'. That's what she said. I wonder who Nate is.

Then I noticed her hand. The two small rings, just above her thumb. I also noticed her wrists. Just a little bit, but I saw. They were a blue, with tints of purple. I hoped it was just because of the cold, but somewhere I knew it wasn't. Just a gut feeling.

"What brings you here?", she asks. Her voice was somewhat faded and hazy. She looks at me waiting for an answer. "Oh uh, just trying to clear my mind", I say looking at her. I shrug my shoulders, and honestly I didn't know why I was here.

"At 3 am in the morning?", she asks raising her eyebrows. A small chuckle escapes her mouth, making me smile in return. "Says you, what brings you here?", I ask immediately regretting my question. Her face fell and she looked over the lake again.

Her lip moved between her teeth and I see her face turn into a small frown. "I guess the same as you", she mumbles picking at her nails. I hum slowly and follow her gaze over the lake.

I take my phone out of my pocket and it lights up in my face. I see the time display and it was about to be 4 am. "I'm gonna head home, before my parents find out that I'm gone", I say putting my phone back.

"I'm glad they care", she whispers still looking straight ahead. "What do you mean?", I ask with a frown. "It's nothing, you should probably head home", she says looking at me.

Something was telling me she wasn't leaving here anytime soon. And knowing it was only going to get colder through the night, I didn't want to leave her here on her own. And like I said my gut was telling me something was up.

"You should go home too, it's gonna get colder", I say looking at her. "I'll be fine, Vinnie. I'm just gonna hang here for the night", she says shrugging. "Rory, you can't stay here. It's practically freezing", I say.

She didn't answer me and just looked away. I feel like she can't go home. Like maybe her parents gave her that black eye and they kicked her out.

"You can come with me", I say hoping she would just say yes. "What?", she asks looking at me. "You can stay at my house, my mom would kill me if I would leave you here", I say giving her a smile. "I can't do that, Vinnie. You can be a creep for all I know", she says with a little chuckle, "I don't even know you."

"Yes, you do. You know my name and you like my rings", I say jokingly. She shakes her head smiling and looks at me. "I don't have a choice, do I?", she asks tilting her head. "Only if you're comfortable with it", I say pressing my lips together, "I don't want to be nosy, but I feel like you don't want to go home. But I can't leave you here, not in this cold."

I really hoped I didn't step over a boundary just now. If what I think happened actually happened I don't want her to go home. Knowing I can't push her into coming with me, I just want to make sure she is safe, even tho I don't really know her.

She was looking at me, like she was trying to figure something out. She bit her lip nervously, probably thinking if it was a smart idea to go with a complete stranger. And I don't blame her, I don't know if I would do it.

"Fine", she says out of the blue. "You sure?", I ask as a smile forms on my face. "Don't make me change my mind", she says squinting her eyes at me. I throw my hands up in defense and stood up. I stuck out my hand and she took it, before pulling her up.

Just in that moment I see the bruises on her wrist yet again. The questions from earlier come flooding back and honestly my mind was drifting back to every possible thing that could have happened. Maybe it was a bad idea to just bring a stranger into my parents' house, but I feel like I need to help her.

And my mom probably doesn't mind, because she always taught me, 'don't judge a book by its cover, honey'. And that's what I'm trying to do, she seems like a book I would like to read.

.~^*•__K speaks....

I don't really know about this chapter...
But I wanted to do a little of Vinnie's POV, so here is it :)))

I still find it a bit weird that Vinnie moved into the new Hype House,
like I feel like they have a different energie than the boys he used the live with.

But if he's happy then it's good, that's all that matters :)