010

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

—————————————
"what made you change your mind?"
—————————————

˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:˚•᯽*:

AFTER SKATING FOR THE PAST TWO OURS, WE WENT TO THE SMALL DINER IN THE CITY. Even tho we live in Seattle, this diner was pretty small and I have never seen it.

I got to know the guys a little better. They are quite funny and have a chill vibe. They told me I would get to know three more people tonight. Some Riley, Ben and Shane.

I'm glad that Vinnie didn't ask any more questions about Terry and the other people. I said they are just some old friends. These people are a lot of things, but they are for sure not my friends. Not even old ones.

Terry is the only person who really seem to care about me. He always made sure if I was okay and knew if something was up.

After what happened with Nate and rumors started to spread in our school, everyone saw me as the weird little sister with a dead brother.

Even my brother's friends forgot about him. It was a week. Just one week. After that they continued partying, bullying freshman and screwing all the girls from our grade. Just like nothing happened.

What hurt me more is that nobody cared how I felt. The only thing they could talk about is what next school dance they would go to or which boy was hotter.

And when I snapped in class last year and dropped out of school, everyone was shocked. Even my parents. All my 'friends' never called me or tried to contact me until this day.

The only person who came by my house was Terry. He picked me up like pieces of a broken vase. That was what I felt like. A broken vase.

"Rory?", Vinnie asks breaking me out of my stare. My head snaps up to him and then to the waiter next to the table. "Do you want to order?", Vinnie asks.

"Yeah uhm... can I have  some fries and a cheeseburger, please", I say looking up at the waiter. "Sure, I'll be back with your drinks", he says before walking away.

"Where were you?", Vinnie asks nudging my shoulder. I look up at him and give him a small smile. "Just thinking", I say. "About wha-", he starts but gets interrupted.

"Hello, people!", a guy says approaching our table. Seeing the reaction of the other boys, it must have been their friend.

Behind the guy appears a girl and another guy. They all greet their friends and Vinnie pulls me out of the booth.

"Guys this is Rory. Rory meet Ben, Shane and the only girl in our group, Riley", Vinnie says smiling at me. I give the two boys a smile and look over at the girl. She instantly takes me in for a hug and I just hug her back.

We move out of the hug and start to laugh. "I like you hair", we both say at the same time, immediately cracking up.

Me and Riley sit next to Vinnie in his booth and start to talk. I absolutely love her style. She reminded me a bit of Billie Eilish. She is very sweet and extremely funny. She's the only person who can get these boys in check.

Soon after we got all our food and start to eat. I haven't eaten a normal meal in almost a week. so this was somewhat weird, but I was also starving. I ate every little bit and let me be honest. I haven't enjoyed a meal for a long time, it was like I was in heaven. Or hell. It depends on which you prefer.

We finish up and went outside again. We decide to walk in the city for a little. My arm was linked with Riley's and she was talking about the stupid stuff the guys have done. Ending up in her saving them. 

"Can I ask something?", she asks looking over at me. We were the same height, so it was easy to talk to her. I nodded and gave her a small smile. "What uhh... what happened to your face?", she asks a bit unsure.

That's when I remembered. The black eye, bruised wrists. The guys haven't mentioned them, nor asked about it.

"It's complicated", I say looking ahead again. "You can tell me anything, okay?", she says squeezing my arm a bit. I look over at her and gave her a hug. "Thank you", I whisper.

"Okay so, how come we never met you?", Troy says putting his arm around my shoulders. "Yeah, like for real I have never seen you here before", Shane says joining Riley's side.

"I went to a different school I guess?", I say shrugging, "Nova." "Oh... that makes sense", Troy says, "we went to O'Dea." "Yeah, Vinnie told me something like that", I say nodding.

"Are you not attending college?", Riley asks. "No, I dropped out of high school last year. I worked in a clothing store, just around... here", I say pointing at the shop in front of us. "Ooeeh, can we go in? I love this", she says pulling at my arm.

We all went in and I saw my former boss. "Hey kid, who are these people?", he asks giving me a light hug. "People I met today, they ar-", I start. "We are her friends", Aaron says putting his arm around my shoulder. He smiles and soon joins the guys in the guys section.

"So you made friends?", my boss, Chris, asks me. "I guess yeah, they are nice", I say sitting on the counter. I smile at them. "Does this mean you're back?", he asks leaning over the counter.

"I don't know", I say not making eye contact. "What made you change your mind?", he asks frowning a bit. "That guy", I say pointing at Vinnie, "that guy right there."

Chris looks at Vinnie and nods. "Hmm, is he nice?", he asks smiling. "Yeah... I hate it", I say putting my face in my hands. "Someone's in loveee", he says mocking me. "I am not, he's just nice to me", I say slapping his hand away.

"I'm glad, you deserve it", he says giving me a genuine smile.

"You don't deserve it", I say thinking to myself, "I don't..."

.~^*•__K speaks....

Sorry for the late upload :((

I seriously looked up which school Vinnie used to go to
and what schools are in Seattle, hahaha

But yeah, thank you for the birthday wishes and I love you guys <333